Each year, the AFP International Conference on Fundraising brings together nearly 3,000 fundraising professionals from around the globe. These professionals come to attend educational workshops, discuss emerging issues, explore the latest technology, and exchange ideas about ethical fundraising, not-for-profit management, and volunteerism. The International Conference focuses on a broad range of topics on philanthropy and offers educational programs for all levels of experience and all areas of fundraising.
The International Chamberlain Scholarship Program, sponsored by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy, has been specifically created to help individuals serving not-for-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising.
The Scholarship, valued at $2,000.00 is intended to cover the registration fee to attend the Conference plus limited travel expenses. A cheque in the amount of $1,500.00 will be sent to the scholarship recipient from the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter. The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy will pay the $500 balance directly to the International Conference for the recipient’s registration to attend the Conference.
Chamberlain scholar recipients are responsible for registering themselves for the Conference and for making all travel and hotel arrangements using the Chamberlain Scholarship Registration Form that will be provided to them by AFP International Headquarters. All Chamberlain Scholars qualify to register at the $10.00 rate at any time prior to the conference.
- Candidate is a member in good standing of the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter;
- Candidate has at least 5 years of full time experience as a professional fundraiser;
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional OR if candidate is an executive director, 20% of their time must be devoted to fundraising OR if candidate is a consultant, 50% of their time must be conducted on behalf of other organizations to fundraise;
- Candidate must agree to complete an evaluation report at the conclusion of the Conference.
- Have never attended an AFP international conference
The 2020 conference will be held in Baltimore, MD from March 29 – 31.
All applications are due by 12pm (noon) EST – Monday, October 28, 2019.