We recognize that we are in unusual times. The health, safety and well-being of our community is of the utmost importance to us at the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter and as such, we are carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation as new information becomes available from health professionals.
Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the safety and security of our members (and non-members) over the next few months:
- We are monitoring the latest news and medical updates and following recommendations by local and national health professionals.
- We are tracking updates from AFP Global and working with them on promoting association best practices and encouraging members to take advantage of professional development opportunities through AFP ICON Virtual.
- We are also tracking other associations’ plans for upcoming conferences and events over the next few months.
- We are working with our vendors and suppliers to ensure best practices are followed and to provide extra precautions including hand sanitizing stations, regular facility cleaning and other health protocols.
- We are encouraging staff, our Chapter Board, committees and volunteers to conduct meetings virtually and to stay home if they are sick.
With regards to our upcoming events, here is what we have planned:
- Thursday, April 9 – The Sponsorship Masterclass with Chris Baylis – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, April 16 – Senior leader Senate event – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, April 23 – Speaker Discovery Series – postponed until further notice
- Saturday, May 2-Sunday, May 3 – Fundamentals of Fundraising Weekend Intensive – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, May 14 – How to Become a CFRE – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, May 21 – CFRE Refresher course – postponed until further notice
- Wednesday, June 3 – Fundraising Day: The Fundraising Frontier – a virtual option is being considered. Stay tuned for more information.
Further details and updates will be posted on our website as they become available.
For more information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-941-9212.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
On behalf of all us at the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter, be well and take care.
Penny Connors, BA, BComm, CRM, CAE
Executive Director, AFP Greater Toronto Chapter