Posted On: 2017-11-24
Closing On: 2017-12-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Marketing & Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director, AFP Canadian Services
The Organization: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 30,000 members in 243 Chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs.
The Position: Permanent full-time position, with some evening and weekend hours. The key function of this position is managing and executing communication and marketing strategy for the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Digital marketing communications experience
- Extensive experience and proficiency in using online communication platforms, CMS, WordPress, MailChimp, Social Media and Google Analytics
- Strong organizational skills - independent self-starter capable of handling multiple projects and competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Experience working with volunteers and managing volunteer committees
- Experience developing, managing and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans
- Interest in the nonprofit sector and fundraising community in Toronto
- Maintains and manages the Chapter website and digital presence
- Develops content for website, eblasts, event and membership marketing, and social media
- Participates in the development of marketing plans and strategy related to Chapter events and programs
- Monitors and provides metrics for outreach performance analysis
- Manages and maintains content for the Chapter’s social media accounts, including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Manages and edits content for the Chapter blog, and participates in the development of the Chapter’s blog marketing and outreach strategy
- Work closely with committee volunteers and the Board of Directors on events and projects
- Participates in the Chapter’s marketing and branding strategy development and implementation
- Manages the Chapters online advertising program and works to reach monthly revenue objectives
- Manages the Chapter’s Job posting program
- Records minutes at the Chapter’s Board of Directors meetings
- Strong aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and knowledge
- Experience creating graphics for digital platforms, efficient use of image editing software (e.g.) Photoshop and keen eye for design
- Experience working with association, membership, registration and event software programs
- Confident, approachable and creative in nature
Please apply by Friday, December 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.