Posted On: 2017-02-10
Closing On: 2017-03-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Working at the Canadian Diabetes Association offers our employees with so much more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to make a difference. Every day, every employee has a direct impact on improving the lives of millions of people, with the ultimate goal of a world free of the effects of diabetes. Click to see our mission.
A career at the Canadian Diabetes Association delivers access to meaningful work, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our partners.
The organization employs over 800 people and is supported by more than 42,000 volunteers. Our mission is to lead the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while we work to find a cure. To learn more about the Canadian Diabetes Association and our mandate please visit our website.
The Account Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager, Corporate Development, to drive revenue growth and strengthen relationships on accounts of strategic importance by focusing on high-impact account management activities including support for the development and implementation of contractual partnership agreements, account planning, pipeline management, and support for the delivery of revenue-generating corporate development program initiatives.
About The Account Manager Role
Some highlights of the Account Manager role include:
- Support the implementation of the vertical strategy as defined by the Senior Manager;
- Maintain, using best practice approaches, prospect/relationship management through the stages of cultivation, stewardship and renewal through a standardized national account management system;
- Provide performance status reports to Senior Manager as requested;
- Generate custom, compelling and strategic fund development support materials including briefing notes, proposals, and stewardship reports;
- Maintain accurate, professional and current records, actions, and reports through hard and soft copy files, and within the Association’s customer relationship management system D-Hub and other required locations (i.e. shared drives);
- Meet all business and Operation Plan milestones as established by the partnership agreements, including deliverables, interaction with project leads and account managers of all teams involved to ensure deliverables are met in a timely fashion;
- Implement various strategies throughout CDA to ensure deliverables and goals of the partnerships are realized and ensure that the sponsorship/agreements are fully paid;
- Maintain open and frequent communication with the program leads, as it relates to program and strategy implementation to identify gaps in confirmed recognition and deliverables and ensure signage at events, website recognition, annual reporting;
- Maintain strong connections and communication with internal CDA stakeholders ensuring deliverables and goals of the partnership agreements are realized;
- Develop and produce reports as required;
- Support the Senior Manager in his/her role;
- Work with the Senior Manager to establish new processes and mechanisms where required;
- Other duties as assigned.
As the successful candidate for the Account Manager role you will have:
- Post-secondary degree business or science
- Understanding of diabetes an asset but not a requirement
- Minimum 5 years of corporate fundraising experience or equivalent business experience
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Exceptional organizational skills required to balance multiple customer priorities
- Ability to inspire, coach and motivate others
- Strong knowledge of principles and techniques of Corporate Development
- Familiarity with corporate development information management systems
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen
- Excellent relationship building/management skills
What The Canadian Diabetes Association Can Offer You
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Opportunity to be involved in CDA events that help your communities
- Click to learn more about How You Can Help and Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- At the Canadian Diabetes Association, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No agencies or phone calls please, email applications will not be considered.