Posted On: 2017-02-22
Closing On: 2017-03-22
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: President & CEO
Established in 1984, The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation (KWCF) is a leading independent public charitable foundation that connects philanthropy to community needs and opportunities. The KWCF’s mission is to improve the quality of life in Kitchener, Waterloo and area, now and for generations to come, by building community endowment, addressing needs through grant making, and providing facilitative leadership on key community issues.
The KWCF builds assets and other funds to provide lasting support for regional priorities. It makes charitable giving easy and effective, accepting a wide variety of gifts and providing donors with a number of options. At The Foundation, asset building also includes knowledge and relationships. By building its knowledge of community issues and opportunities, as well as developing and maintaining strategic and collaborative relationships, The KWCF provides a strong foundation for community development.
The Foundation invests in its community by leveraging relationships and community knowledge to invest dollars strategically, acting as a catalyst to encourage discussion on key topics, engage future leaders, and work towards developing a community with a sense of belonging where everyone can truly make a difference.
Over the last decade change has been rampant in all aspects of life, and in particular, our community has witnessed swift technological shifts, evolving workplace culture and an altering philanthropic landscape. To that end, the need to innovate and adapt to societal changes will inform The Foundation’s philosophy moving forward. The KWCF’s catalyst role will focus on the relevant issues affecting our community, and our country, today. More than ever, The KWCF will embrace the spirit of collaboration to tackle community challenges for progressive change and greater impact.
Led by a volunteer Board of Directors and located in Kitchener, Ontario, The KWCF currently has more than 140 active funds, with endowments and assets under administration totaling more than $85 million.
Applications are being accepted for a dynamic, collaborative, mission-driven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of nurturing relationships with partners and stakeholders while taking the organization to the next level of innovation and contribution. The new President & CEO will be a change maker—leading The KWCF for greater impact, building upon strong momentum and recent results.
Candidate’s Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- A track record of success in a senior executive role with an innovative, outcomes-oriented organization which could be in the private or public sector, not-for-profit or fundraising environments. The ideal candidate will also bring a commitment and involvement in community work through significant volunteer leadership roles.
- A dynamic and passionate leader with the ability to develop a shared vision among staff, Board Members and with external stakeholders, funders, donors community groups and various levels of government. Evidence of inspiring and empowering people to look for opportunities to enhance the organization’s ability to deliver on its mission.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize the nature and long-term evolution of The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation and to devise strategies that, in collaboration with our partners, will ensure The Foundation can meet its mandate now and in the future.
- The capacity to bring together the philanthropic community to create something bigger for the community. Through strength of personality and driving passion, be a leader not just of The KWCF but for the whole sector in the region.
- Initiator in joint ventures with community leaders and key stakeholders for the betterment of the community.
- Comfortability with donors, grantee agencies, other funders, and governments, national and international partners within the philanthropic sector. A collaborator and nurturer of key partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the business and technological needs of an organization of related size and complexity. Strong financial acumen; informed and comfortable with new technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of the Waterloo Region, the socio-political environment and issues facing the region.
- Understands and appreciates the impact investing ecosystem. Values using capital assets to invest in social enterprises.
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your resume, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/career-portal/index.html#/jobs/73. Select the 'Apply' button to upload your resume and cover letter (in one document) by March 17, 2017. For technical issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please reach out to Liz Latimer at 416.690.5377.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted in one document online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.