Posted On: 2017-02-28
Closing On: 2017-03-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: as soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Fund Development Coordinator, Events
POSITION TYPE: Entry Level
REPORTS TO: Fund Development Manager, Events and Sponsorships
STATUS AND HOURS: Permanent, Full-time - Standard hours with occasional evenings and weekends
DIVISION: Fund Development
LOCATION: Toronto Office (155 Bermondsey Road – Toronto, ON)
DEADLINE: The position will remain open until filled
Habitat for Humanity GTA is a non-profit housing organization working with communities to build homes for working, low-income families in need of safe, decent, affordable housing. By offering zero down payment, no-interest mortgages capped at 30 percent of a family’s income, Habitat for Humanity GTA offers families a hand up, empowering them to achieve stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership, so that they can build a better life/a path out of poverty. With the support of donors and volunteers, we build homes in Brampton, Caledon, Toronto, and York Region, serving two-thirds of the GTA.
Since 1988, Habitat GTA has built more than 300 homes in partnership with families. Habitat GTA is one of more than 1,400 Habitat for Humanity affiliates worldwide sharing a common vision and purpose. Habitat for Humanity GTA also operates 10 Habitat ReStore home improvement retail stores across the GTA, which sell donated, new and gently-used home furnishing and renovation materials at a fraction of the original price. ReStore proceeds directly support building Habitat homes. ReStore also helps the environment, by diverting thousands of tons of household materials from landfills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Fund Development Manager, Events & Sponsorships.
- Performs event coordination and administration including the development of plans, critical paths, meeting minutes, report updates, budgets, stewardship/recognition, constituent communications, nametags, PowerPoint presentations, FAQs, pledge sheets, fundraising tool-kits, etc.
- Coordinates event logistics including venue selection, managing guest lists, food service arrangements, menu planning, packing lists, décor, etc.
- Coordinates all areas of the volunteer cycle (i.e. volunteer request forms, training, orientation, supervision, and recognition).
- Responds to inquiries from the public about events (i.e. customer service, donor services, etc.)
- Creates, edits and maintains event microsites, online fundraising pages and other external communications materials in collaboration with Marketing and Communications colleagues.
- Prospects and secures in-kind contributions to meet event budgets.
- Provides online research and data collection to support HFH GTA events and third party event donations.
- Attends and assists third-party community events as Habitat representative as appropriate.
- Responsible for database management related to events including data entry, merging of records, etc.
- Coordinates post-event activities including payment follow-up, event evaluation forms, stewardship, etc. working closely with the Development Coordinator and other Fund Development staff.
These duties may be amended from time to time.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of experience in the not-for-profit sector or hospitality sector.
- Career ambition in office administration, fundraising, events, and/or customer service.
- Availability to work a flexible and sometimes varied schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Friendly and professional demeanor, donor-orientated attitude with the ability to interact tactfully.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and high energy.
- Self-starter, able to identify where help is needed.
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, mail merges) and online search engines.
- Knowledge and experience with online fundraising platforms, such as TeamRaiser, Artez or Canada Helps is an asset.
- Experience with fundraising databases, such as the Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers related to special events.
- Physical stamina suited to a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment. Ability to lift items for to assist with event set-up and tear-down. Position has some occasional physical demands such as lifting boxes, packing vehicles, setting up tables and chairs, walking on uneven ground (build site).
- Full Driver’s License is an asset.
How to apply:
If you are passionate about social change and committed to making a difference in your community, we’d love to hear from you!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Fund Development Coordinator, Events” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Habitat for Humanity is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Internal candidates with the required skill-set are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.