Posted On: 2017-03-08
Closing On: 2017-03-31
Location: Oakville, ON
Effective: Late April
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Fundraising & Community Events Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
The Melanoma Network of Canada, located in Oakville, ON, was founded in 2009 as a response to the need for patients in Canada to have a nationally-based organization that provides a strong voice for advocacy and outstanding support programs for melanoma patients and their families.
The incumbent is responsible for leading the development and execution of the fundraising and events strategy and plans. This includes researching, identifying and connecting with potential corporate partners and building a strong relationship to increase donor support with corporate partners, patients, volunteers, stakeholders, community organizations and the medical community as well as leading and coordinating fundraising events on behalf of MNC.
Creating and developing focused and targeted four fundraising streams (events, corporate/foundation, individual donor, major gift and legacy) by:
- Assisting in the development of short and long term fundraising strategies;
- Researching, developing and writing grant and fundraising proposals and applications;
- Managing, organizing and facilitating annual fundraising events – notably the golf tournament and national walk - by developing annual project plans, overseeing communications and event marketing and securing sponsors, donors and participants, including volunteers;
- Facilitating partnerships with outside organizations to implement external special events and peer-to-peer fundraising, including recognition and appreciation of donors.
- Identifying, contacting and responding to new corporate and individual donors, aligned with the strategy, and qualifying those donors;
- Increasing reach and donations through annual appeal and web and social media campaigns;
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on all grants, submissions, grant-funded projects and donors in relevant databases as well as maintaining accurate receipting and filing systems;
- Creating and overseeing maintenance of appropriate record keeping systems for tracking donor participation, identification and cultivation of prospects. Recording all donor interactions in donor management software
- Working and managing within budgets and ensuring maximum value and best pricing for all activities, accuracy of documentation and events;
- Building and maintaining donor relations with targeted communications, events and recognition programs;
- Working closely with the Executive Director, the Fundraising Committee and others to increase our profile and reputation within the donor community;
- Other activities deemed appropriate by the Executive Director that will promote and enhance fundraising and event profile throughout Canada.
The Fundraising & Community Events Manager needs excellent communication and relationship management skills, both verbal and written. They need to be good at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities. The Fundraising & Community Events Manager must be adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explaining the charity’s cause. The ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets is important, as are organizational and IT skills. An interest in, and commitment to, the cause is essential.
Minimum of a post-secondary degree/diploma in fundraising, business administration, marketing or sales with a concentration in the not for profit sector or community organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in developing fundraising programs and managing fundraising events and a successful track record of achievement for a health organization or not-for-profit organization.
In addition candidate will offer:
- Successful track record of developing strong relationships with corporate partners, donors, volunteers, and community organizations.
- Significant experience in event management, including planning, organizing, promoting as well as securing sponsorship;
- Donor stewardship and development through a variety of channels, including web and social media; legacy giving; major gifts;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong researching, problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills.
- Superior computer skills including advanced working knowledge of event software, such as Raisin, donor database management (salesforce) and Microsoft Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced role.
- Reliable, hard-working and committed, with a ‘can do’ attitude – displays dedication and accountability, and follows through on all projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to travel occasionally overnight within Canada and work flexible hours for events or special meetings with donors.
- Must have valid license and access to a car for meetings and events.
If you are interested in pursuing this rewarding and meaningful opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to Annette Cyr, Chair of Melanoma Network of Canada, c/o email@example.com Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2017.