Senior Manager, Community Events & Organizations
Status: Full-time permanent
Reports to: Vice President, Philanthropy
Compensation band: 3B
Plan International Canada has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Manager, Community Events & Organizations. As a key leader on the Philanthropy Department, reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, this role is responsible for the development and growth of a newly-launched and high-potential fundraising effort with community organizations, service clubs, and third-party / partnership events.
This position will lead a team of Associates serving as first point of contact for community members and volunteers raising funds of up to $50,000 (annually). The primary focus will be supporting and coaching volunteer fundraisers to achieve annual revenue goals.
This role will also oversee the development and management of a department-wide Family Philanthropy program. This innovative program will be developed in close partnership with the Vice President, Philanthropy.
Our successful candidate will be accountable for leading and developing a high performing team of fundraisers; and responsible for:
- Developing performance targets and measures, in consultation with the Vice-President for all areas of responsibility;
- Managing and reporting on a large portfolio of prospects and donors, and undertaking solicitation, stewardship and cultivation efforts with fundraising teams (balancing service to supporters with net return for mission impact)
- Recruiting, training and coaching fundraising staff in management of their portfolios;
- Creating and participating in donor identification, cultivation and stewardship plans for existing and prospective donors (fundraisers, events and organizations);
- Developing and managing a renewal and upgrade strategy to increase annual contributions from community supporters;
- Strategically planning, launching and managing a Family Philanthropy program that reflects Plan International’s values and child-focused philosophy;
- Effectively and accurately communicating Plan’s fundraising priorities to reflect the interests and investment of donors and prospective donors;
- Maintaining up to date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact;
- Acting as a liaison and resource for other teams at Plan and works collaboratively towards common goals.
Skills, experience, qualifications
- A minimum 5-7 years of experience in progressive development and management roles with a track record of success
- CFRE preferred
- Proven focus on stewardship, business development, strategic planning, and customized donor experience
- Strategic, creative and highly analytical with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Expertise in global stakeholder engagement and partnership development
- Excellent in technical administration of third-party and partnership event fundraising support
- Experience in soliciting and stewarding community organizations through proposals and event planning
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and initiate follow through with meticulous attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Additional language proficiency preferred (eg, French, Spanish)
- A valid driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle, and ability to travel as required (regionally, nationally and internationally);
- A strong work ethic coupled with tact and diplomacy;
- Personal values consistent with those of Plan International’s corporate values
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to email@example.com by March 24, 2017. Please reference Senior Manager, Community Events and Organizations in the subject line.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process provided the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.