Easter Seals began in 1922 as a vision to create a better life for children and youth with physical disabilities. Today, Easter Seals continues to offer programs and services to help these children achieve a greater level of acceptance and independence, such as financial assistance for mobility and communication devices, fully accessible summer camp and funding for other summer recreational programs. Easter Seals also provides access to information and resources, as well as public education and awareness. For more information or to donate, visit www.easterseals.org.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and motivated individual to join the Easter Seals team in the leadership role of:
Director, Fundraising and Development
Reporting to the President and CEO, and working closely with the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors, and team members, the Director is responsible for leading, planning and directing the organization’s growth revenue strategy through effective leadership of the Fundraising portfolio. In addition to overseeing and growing well-developed Events across the Province, and a stable and successful Direct Mail program, the incumbent will build and manage the Major Gifts program, focusing on individual, corporate and foundation giving. Opportunity exists to develop a third party support program.
The Director will be a critical member of the organization’s management team, and will require the ability to represent the organization to a wide variety of constituents that will significantly enhance support for Easter Seals Ontario among public sector funders, foundations, and high net worth individuals and businesses. The Director will have the drive, maturity, entrepreneurial spirit and communication skills required to take on the task of securing the financial health of the organization into the future.
- Working in close partnership with the President and designated Board members on all resource and fundraising development efforts
- Directing and overseeing all revenue and program aspects of development and fundraising efforts to develop and execute multi-million dollar fundraising campaigns in partnership with the President and the Fundraising and Development Senior Managers. Focus will be on major gifts, event-driven donations, corporate sponsorships and alliances, direct mail, and annual giving from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Development, implementation and initiation of new fundraising campaigns, events, mailings and programs to engage and excite current donors to give at new levels and entice new members to give
- Providing leadership, strategic direction, coaching and guidance to the Fundraising Team across the Province in the planning and implementation of fundraising events and programs
- Working as a member of the Senior Management Team to connect revenue generation (Fundraising) to revenue disbursement (Provincial Services) and Corporate Services
- Managing high profile corporate donors, sponsors, government associations and volunteer relationship, developing and maintaining client partnerships in conjunction with long-term growth strategies
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This leadership role requires proven fundraising and development experience with major donors, annual appeals, special events, and direct mail. The ability to cultivate and organize senior level executives, donors and community leaders is a must. Experience with using social media to attract and retain donors would be considered a definite asset.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in raising funds and building institutional assets. Experience in donor-advised, general, and endowment fundraising is required. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and cultivate partnerships with stakeholders is a must. Excellent people and process management experience in a fast paced, team oriented, entrepreneurial environment is key. A willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to complete projects and activities is actively sought.
The incumbent must have excellent computer skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to establish and maintain open relationships with key stakeholders. As this role is very “hands-on”, the Director must not only be comfortable working collaboratively with others to achieve the required outcomes of this position and of the organization as a whole, but able to manage a busy desk with both short-term and long-term responsibilities.
As a member of the Senior Management team and as a result of working closely with the Fundraising Committee of the Board and other volunteer committees, this position requires the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, to represent the organization in a variety of settings, and to engage constructively in strategic planning processes. Strong leadership skills, and the ability to coach, provide feedback, develop and support staff are key.
A graduate degree or equivalent experience coupled with the CFRE designation and membership with AFP is highly desired. A minimum of 10 years of progressive fundraising and marketing experience with at least 5 years of senior management experience is required.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by Monday, March 27, 2017 to email@example.com. Easter Seals Ontario offers a solid total compensation package, including vacation, flexible time, professional membership support, retirement savings, and a collaborative work environment
Easter Seals is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves, and, wherever possible to provide job opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available to candidates for all aspects of the selection process, upon request.
Easter Seals began in 1922 as a vision to create a better life for children and youth with physical disabilities. Today, Easter Seals continues to offer programs and services to help these children achieve a greater level of acceptance and independence, such as financial assistance for mobility and communication devices and fully accessible summer camps. Easter Seals also provides access to information and resources, as well as public education and awareness.