Posted On: 2017-03-14
Closing On: 2017-04-21
Location: Kitchener, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Abundance Canada has openings for two gift planning consultants – one serving Manitoba and Saskatchewan based in the Winnipeg office and the other serving Ontario and Eastern Canada based in the Kitchener office.
For over 40 years, Abundance Canada has been helping people be generous. In 1974, the Mennonite Foundation of Canada was created to provide services to those who wanted to support their favourite charities. Its name was changed to Abundance Canada in 2016, but its goal continues to be making charitable giving joyful and easy.
Abundance Canada envisions a world where everyone lives generously. Imagine the impact if all Christians fully embraced the joy of giving generously - because generosity changes everything!
Abundance Canada is one of the largest faith-based donor-advised foundations in Canada that works with people who desire to connect their faith, values and generosity. Through Abundance Canada, donors can benefit the charities of their choosing. Abundance Canada staff assist donors with their current giving, charitable estate planning and complex gifts. Regardless of the size of the donation, Abundance Canada can help donors support any charity in Canada.
The Gift Planning Consultant develops customized gift planning strategies for generous people to facilitate their current and legacy giving.
- Implement strategies to identify individuals who want to be generous with their financial resources
- Develop and facilitate charitable giving plans customized to meet the charitable goals of those individuals
- Communicate and promote the vision and values of Abundance Canada that educates, informs and moves people to action
- Develop relationships with professional advisors and other key leaders and influencers in the Christian community to further Abundance Canada’s mandate to facilitate generosity
- Invite support for Abundance Canada’s ministry
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a fundraising, gift planning or client based customer service environment
- Knowledge of gift planning tools and strategies and an aptitude for financial matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills including effective networking and listening skills
- Superb verbal, presentation, written and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of the wider Christian church community and related agencies
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong business acumen
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Active in a local Christian church, subscribing to its Statement of Faith
- Subscribe to the Standards of Conduct established by the Abundance Canada Board of Directors
- Ability to travel within North America
*The Gift Planning Consultant position in Winnipeg will serve Manitoba and Saskatchewan and the position based in Kitchener will serve Ontario and Eastern Canada.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by April 21, 2017 to:
Gayle Fangrad, Administrative Assistant
207 – 50 Kent Avenue
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 3R1
Tel: (519) 745-7821 ext 205
Please indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Winnipeg, Manitoba or Kitchener, Ontario Gift Planning Consultant position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those applicants selected for further considerations.