Posted On: 2017-03-16
Closing On: 2017-04-07
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Working at Diabetes Canada offers our employees with so much more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to make a difference. Every day, every employee has a direct impact on improving the lives of millions of people, with the ultimate goal of a world free of the effects of diabetes. Click to see our mission.
A career at Diabetes Canada delivers access to meaningful work, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our partners.
The organization employs over 800 people and is supported by more than 42,000 volunteers. Our mission is to lead the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while we work to find a cure. To learn more about Diabetes Canada and our mandate please visit our website.
This role can be based out of London or within any of our GTA Offices
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Fundraise, Community Development (Sales) is responsible to meet or exceed regional revenue targets and grow mutually beneficial corporate partnerships.
This is a business development role and is best suited for a well-organized “sales hunter” who is results driven with a proven ability to communicate and deliver the Association’s value proposition to a wide range of corporations and industries.
About The Fundraiser, Community Development Role
Some highlights of the Fundraiser role include:
- The Account Manager is responsible to achieve or exceed annual revenue targets by identifying, cultivating and soliciting public and private corporations that translate to profitable partnerships and maximizes funding opportunities.
- Manage and cultivate a diverse portfolio of corporate prospects and foundations and develop compelling proposals that will build partnerships and ensure an active sales pipeline.
- Develop and implement a strategic cultivation plan identifying both short and long term goals for top corporate and foundation prospects.
- Identify and articulate value proposition for customers that creates a win-win solution designed to address the customer’s commercial and philanthropic interests.
- Work with Regional Director to develop accurate revenue forecasting and work closely with departmental and regional colleagues to identify all fundable opportunities and related recognition.
- Maintain a high degree of respect, integrity, excellence and innovation while taking a collaborative approach to corporate alliances consistent with the values of the Association.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all new and on-going programs in order to speak knowledgeably and enthusiastically about the work of the Association to corporate prospects.
As the successful candidate for the Fundraiser, Community Development role you will have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years business development experience or fundraising experience
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Ability to develop and deliver impactful presentations in a results driven style to various audiences
- Experience in a large, complex not-for-profit organization is a definite asset
- Demonstrable and significant experience closing partnerships of $25,000 or more
- Ability to strategically and effectively navigate prospective organizations
- Advanced written and oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling and strategic material
- Professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters are essential
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities as required
- Open persuasive communication style and strong teamwork skills
- Sound technical, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) and donor databases is mandatory
- CFRE designation is preferred, but not mandatory
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Opportunity to be involved in Diabetes Canada events that help your communities
- Click to learn more about How You Can Help and Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- At Diabetes Canada, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Diabetes Canada is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No agencies or phone calls please, email applications will not be considered.
How to Apply