About Toronto Foundation
Established in 1981, Toronto Foundation is a registered charity and one of 191 Community Foundations in Canada.
We pool philanthropic dollars and facilitate charitable donations for maximum community impact in Toronto and across Canada. Our individual, family and organizational Funds number more than 500 and we administer over $400 million in assets. Through strategic granting, thought leadership and convening, we engage in city building to strengthen the quality of life in Toronto.
We are seeking a dedicated relationship builder with a curiosity for imagining the possible. You will be part of a small but mighty team with an ambitious and diverse program of activities so your ability to marry strategy with creative execution is essential. If you are a self-starter with solid management skills, along with demonstrated experience developing long-term donor satisfaction, this role may be for you.
The Director of Fundholder Engagement reports to the President & CEO ( the “CEO”) and is a member of the operational management team of Toronto Foundation. The position is responsible for the portfolio of over 400 existing individual and family Fundholders totaling nearly $200 million in assets for the Foundation.
He/She has specific focus on developing meaningful Fundholder engagement that can lead to a deeper experience with TF and ultimately growth of their Funds. More specifically:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundholder Engagement and Development – 70%
- Provide direct service and stewardship for a portfolio of key Fundholders, working with other members of the Foundation team to:
- Ensure personal, customized, thoughtful and attentive donor service.
- Work with Fundholders to build relationships that may lead to increased giving to their Fund, including securing planned giving and legacy commitments.
- Build relationships with Fundholders to identify referrals to new prospects.
- Develop and provide proactive and reactive engagement opportunities e.g., selection committee participation, TF events, site visits, customized thank you opportunities.
- Drive increased fundholder investment in funds, and maximize granting from funds.
- Ensure that the team delivers superior transactional services to all Fundholders.
- Work closely with the COO to meet all aspects of Fund agreement compliance.
Strategic and Operational Planning - 15%
- Maintain a 2-3 year site line for the team
- In partnership with the management team, build an annual plan that builds directly off the TF Strategic Plan
- Work in partnership with the Director, Philanthropy, to set shared key performance indicators, and track outcomes.
- Develop the annual departmental budget
- Achieve annual revenue and expense targets
Managing staff and Organizational Leadership - 15%
- Hire, train and mentor other members of the Fundholder Engagement team as required.
- Represent the Fundholder Engagement team with the Board of Directors.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him/her apprised of sector trends and information relevant to growth strategies that may be unique to a community foundation.
- Work cross-departmentally with the:
- Community Initiatives team to ensure bringing best practices in granting to the work with Fundholders.
- Development team to ensure a smooth transition of new Fundholders.
- Finance team to ensure up to date knowledge of policies and investment strategies for communications with Fundholders.
- Communications/Marketing team to develop appropriate events/tools/materials for reaching our Fundholders.
- Participate with peer group of Community Foundations of Canada to share content, and develop new, best practices for Fundholder Engagement.
- Participate in relevant industry conversations (e.g. social media and webinars) and associations (e.g. CAGP and AFP) to represent TF as a thought leader in the sector.
- Conduct team annual goal setting planning and performance review as established by people processes; support employee engagement strategies as required.
- University degree in a related field
- 10+ years experience related experience in a Donor environment and including prior team leadership experience.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven track record of long term relationship building leading to high level of donor satisfaction
- Good business writing skills
- Superior attention to detail for maintaining high level compliance standards
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage Donors and deliver excellent service
- Thorough decision making skills
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated sound work ethics
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings and with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Operates with honesty and integrity with a genuine desire to make valuable contributions to the team
- Team player that fosters team-based learning
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Please submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com
- Deadline: Friday March 31, 2017 at 5:00 PM