Posted On: 2017-04-26
Closing On: 2017-05-05
Location: London, ON
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you an experienced leader with vision to lead and grow a national fundraising campaign?
Do you want to make a difference to Canadian educators and their students?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science – Canada’s leading national, charitable organization that engages youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) – and become the newest member of our growing team.
Associate Vice-President, Development
In this newly created position you will be responsible for leading a strategic and collaborative approach to fund development within the organization. Working with the Vice President, External Relations and President you will lead a multi-year national fundraising strategy and will be accountable for the development and implementation of an annual fundraising campaign to meet funding targets established in the organization’s operating plans. You will work with the Fund Development team to implement and refine this strategic and integrated development campaign to maximize Let’s Talk Science’s return on relationships with individual donors, foundations and government and meet annual fundraising targets. This will include actively identifying, managing and cultivating a personal portfolio of major gift prospects and donor pipeline.
In addition to your strategic planning and revenue generation activities you will provide leadership and oversight to the Fund Development team for:
- systems, processes and policies related to all aspects of the donor cycle
- planning, budgeting, organizing and staffing activities.
- Minimum 10 years national fundraising experience, with a record of success leading a team to achieve fundraising goals as well as personally securing major gifts
- Completion of post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Program in fundraising or CFRE designation strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills, including the ability to build rapport with and engage others easily in person and by telephone
- Bilingual (English-French) highly desired
- Flexibility to work outside regular hours and use personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel regionally and nationally for meetings as appropriate
This is a full-time 3-year renewable contract position, includes benefits and is preferably based in our office in London, ON. However, work from a home office is negotiable for the right candidate.
A full position description can be downloaded from our website at: http://letstalkscience.ca/get-involved/work-for-us.html
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter including salary expectations and quoting “Associate Vice President, Development” as outlined below. The position will remain open until filled; however, applications are encouraged by 11:59 p.m. on Friday March 31, 2017. Please submit in both English and French, if applicable, to:
Coordinator, Human Resources, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit all documents in one pdf file)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you have a disability that requires accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources listed above. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.