GEM is searching for a creative, professional Fundraiser that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment and has a broad skillset to execute the organization’s fundraising goals. The Fundraiser is responsible for securing new sponsors/donors, developing relationships, and growing GEM’s connections within the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
GEM aims to raise $250,000 annually. The Fundraiser reports to and shares responsibility for the achievement of this target with the Founder of GEM and the Fundraising Committee. The fundraiser has primary or secondary responsibilities in the following areas:
Grant Writing (45%)
The Fundraiser has primary responsibility for prospecting, evaluating and pursuing grant funding opportunities, as well as for documenting and reporting on progress at regular intervals. Applications are reviewed and approved by the founder and some are compiled in partnership with members of the GEM Fundraising Committee.
Major Gifts (35%)
The fundraiser has responsibility for the pursuit of major gifts, defined as $5,000 or more in a single year. A kit and a prospect list has been developed to support this work. The Fundraiser should be able to maintain existing donors and convert prospects into committed supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
Admin & Strategy (20%)
The Fundraiser has secondary responsibility for informing GEM’s overall fundraising strategy. In addition, the Fundraiser will need to report on progress at regular intervals; keep detailed logs of all interactions and transactions; take and deliver payment information; communicate with office staff about replies; monitor GEM’s fundraising email account; and fulfil requests from the founder and other staff members.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience and Interest in fundraising.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of relevant ethical codes and legislation including:
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and general privacy principles
- The Donor’s Bill of Rights
- Imagine Canada Standards
- Superior time management and digital organization skills.
- Progress reporting capabilities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small dynamic team.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree and fundraising certificate preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising.
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017