The Safehaven Project for Community Living is currently seeking to fill the role of Development Officer. This role is an integral member of the Safehaven Fund Development Team which is responsible for the development and implementation of the communications strategies to help advance Safehaven’s strategic goals, including grant writing, social media strategies, and communications outreach.
As a key member of the Fund Development Team, the Development Officer contributes to meeting fundraising goals by identifying, profiling, prospecting major and planned giving donors, developing strategies for cultivating relationships and soliciting gifts and writing grant proposals.
Job Duties/Key Performance Areas:
- Supports Safehaven fund development efforts with database management, metrics and analysis, budgeting, grant writing, and accounting assistance to better augment Safehaven’s fund development team
- Assists in overseeing the Safehaven donor program, including: soliciting donations, processing and managing data, donor stewardship, generating reports, and analysing results
- Develops fundraising and donor engagement strategies, including seasonal/annual donor campaigns
- Researches and recommends enhancements to the development of the Communications & Development Plan, identifying opportunities to elevate existing programs and/or create new ones
- Researches, develops and submits funding proposals and grants to sustain renewable sources of revenue and to secure new sources of revenue, through overseeing small private grants, researching and writing/co-writing grant proposals and reports
- Develops and implements annual directed e-mail/social media campaigns for key stakeholder groups
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the Fund Development database, including data entry, donor reports and timely acknowledgements for donations received
- Produces quarterly reports that summarize performance relative to targets, including an action plan to address and redress anticipated shortfalls
- Uses donor management and email management systems, social media, and reporting systems to inform strategies to attract new donors and elevate current donations
- A minimum of three years’ fundraising experience in the charitable/non-profit sector
- Three-year post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with CFRE designation (or in process) is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to build relationships and deliver concise and compelling messages
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring annual giving/donation plans including activities such as grant/proposal writing, special events, direct mail/social media, and giving campaigns
- Ability to professionally deliver presentations, nurture media contacts and other related opportunities
- Experience implementing a digital engagement strategy designed to cultivate key audiences using web-based communication tools and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the organization’s website
- Experience working with databases to manage donors, grants, generate reports and perform analysis
- Strong writing, organizational, time management and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent computer literacy including Internet and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience supporting major gift and planned giving campaigns would be considered an asset
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com