Posted On: 2017-03-20
Closing On: 2017-04-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
CAMH is recognized as the organization leading the treatment, cure, and prevention of mental illness for Canada. CAMH Foundation strives to be the charity of choice for mental health philanthropy by mobilizing a significant segment of the Canadian population offering donors and prospective donors multiple ways to engage with CAMH in support of mental health.
The Major Gifts Team plays a critical role in driving sustainable fundraising growth, so the Foundation is able to advance the world’s mental health in partnership with CAMH, by deepening support from existing donors and broadening the donor base to attract new donors focused in the area of major and transformational gifts.
The Communications, Brand and Donor Relations team drives the public and donor experience, as well as the internal culture, and aligns the brand across all channels. This includes developing an integrated communications & digital strategy based on a broad strategic brand refresh. The department also delivers high-quality digital campaigns, recognition and stewardship programs, and creates content that helps our donors understand the impact they are making.
CAMH Foundation is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the Senior VP, Major Gifts; VP Campaign and VP Communications, Brand & Donor Relations.
Contract position – renewable annually
The Executive Assistant provides executive and administrative support to these three executives, enabling them to function optimally as they drive toward achieving the goals of the Foundation.
This key position serves as the primary point of operational and administrative contact for the Major Gifts, Campaign and Communications, Brand & Donor Relations teams, often on complex and confidential issues and oversees and/or participates in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and initiatives.
The Executive Assistant will work collaboratively with the entire CAMH Foundation team on an ongoing basis and on special projects as required.
The successful candidate will be a mature, proactive, energetic and versatile individual who can manage multiple priorities in a busy office. The successful candidate enjoys the challenge of working in a vigorous, successful environment with responsibility for a wide range of assigned duties and projects. In addition, the Executive Assistant we seek will be a role model in setting and following team-wide standards of administrative excellence.
- Organize complex activities for three executives, including scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and other engagements based on an understanding of other commitments and priorities.
- Manage the executives’ calendars based on their priorities and arrange meetings and travel, ensuring preparation time and all backup material.
- Manage tasks and identify upcoming deadlines to the respective executive with recommendations on actions.
- Draft, proof and prepare correspondence, proposals, presentations, requests for information and other documents.
- Be the conduit between their executive’s offices and internal teams, re-routing actions as appropriate. Review and re-route all mail as appropriate. Field questions on behalf of executives.
- Keep offices organized and operating effectively and efficiently; set up systems to support same; maintain database, files and records. Process all expense reports.
- Prepare for internal and external meetings including presentation preparation, meeting materials, room bookings, catering, AV requirements, and guest special requests.
- Provide regular revenue, budget, actions and fundraising activity reports. Review department financial statements and general ledger postings to ensure accuracy and follow-up as required.
- Liaise with senior volunteers, and donors, and serve as an important link between the Foundation and the senior executive, clinical and staff teams at CAMH.
- Collaborate with other staff to prepare summary documents containing accurate, high quality, grant and program data and descriptions for the executives.
- Conduct, synthesize and report on basic research as required.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing senior level strategic and administrative support.
- A responsive customer service orientation and experience interacting with influential community and business leaders. Some exposure to the philanthropic or non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Unquestionable integrity, a highly nuanced sense of judgment and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Act as an ambassador in all situations , positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Proven ability to operate professionally and with consistently high standards of excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with database systems such as Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Advanced appreciation of administrative standards including document formatting and quality, correspondence style, and the appearance of all materials prepared for external use.
- Excellent organizational skills with diligent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow and continuously improve the efficiency of the office.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor as well as work harmoniously with others at all levels.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while prioritizing own work to handle multiple tasks and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to support collegiality in a small office.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMHF.
LIVING the VALUES
The way employees achieve his or her position responsibilities and activities needs to be done within the guiding statements and values of CAMHF as outlined below.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Live CAMH/CAMHF values in the service of their mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another and encourage different points of view.
- Provide and accept timely, constructive feedback.
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information and keep others informed.
- Explain rationale for decisions and consider implications for others.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Define and achieve clear roles and expectations.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism and excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Keep challenging and investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enter “CAMH Foundation Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: April 20, 2017
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.