Posted On: 2017-03-20
Closing On: 2017-04-06
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Young People’s Theatre (YPT) is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an eight play season with an audience of 80,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its annual operating budget is approximately $5 million. The work culture at YPT encourages ingenuity, team work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do. This position will report to the Director of Development, and will be responsible for supervising a team of two fundraising staff members.
Strategic, energetic and highly organized, the Associate Director, Development is responsible for the planning and implementation of fund development in support of YPT’s annual fundraising campaigns. YPT currently raises approximately $2 million annually for operations and is in the process of launching a major capital campaign. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Associate Director, Development will be an exceptional account manager with the proven ability to build a portfolio of prospective donors resulting in new revenue to the organization. The successful candidate will bring broad fundraising and strong relationship-building experience to this role, including previous experience with face-to-face fundraising in corporate philanthropy and partnerships, and exceptional communication skills for soliciting gifts from individuals and foundation partners.
The Associate Director of Development will:
- Work with the Director of Development to strategize and implement annual development plans and assist with creating development budgets and priorities.
- Ensure best practice systems and processes are in place to support both operational and capital fundraising.
- Manage the full scope of annual fund development activities related to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate, individual and foundation donors.
- Work closely with the development team, senior management and board Strategic Fundraising Committee to create a pipeline of prospects.
- Coordinate resources, staff, and volunteers to ensure that donor interests and needs are being met.
- As part of a team, oversee the management of signature fundraising events.
- Supervise, evaluate and coach two Development Department staff.
- University degree/Fundraising Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in professional fundraising, demonstrating increasing responsibility and with a focus on individual and corporate cultivation and solicitation, as well as database management.
- Excellent writing and computer literacy skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent project management, prioritization and time-management skills in order to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines while driving to surpass goals.
- Professionalism, confidence, and an ability to network effectively.
- A knowledge and passion for the arts.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to: email@example.com by 5:00 pm Thursday, April 6, 2017.
While we thank those who have applied, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.