Posted On: 2017-03-21
Closing On: 2017-05-20
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Chief Campaign Officer (CCO)
Reporting to and in collaboration with the Vice-President, Advancement & Board Secretariat (VPABS), the Chief Campaign Officer (CCO) will set the strategy for the next phase of Ignite Imagination: The Campaign for OCAD University. The CCO will strengthen the culture of philanthropy and alumni engagement at OCAD University (OCAD U) to meet the goals of the campaign, as well as lead the Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the VPABS, develop and implement a strategic plan with metrics to increase philanthropic support from top leadership, corporate prospects and donors, including identification, qualification, cultivation and successful solicitation
- Develop and manage a portfolio of approximately 125 donors and prospects and achieve major gifts
- Establish a systematic, strategic, and creative approach to prospect identification and donor pipeline development for OCAD U, expanding and diversifying a network of prospective donors and partners that represents its cultural diversity, internationalization, and breadth of interdisciplinary offerings and research, while sustaining historical relationships with art and design supporters
- Provide lead support to all fundraising programs, including campaign planning, policies and management, ensuring that effective best practice activities are implemented to support all fundraising goals
- In collaboration with the VPABS, work closely with the President, Vice-President, Academic & Provost and Deans to refine priorities and opportunities for Ignite Imagination
- Collaborate with VPABS in managing the activities of the Ignite Imagination Campaign Cabinet
- Provide support to leverage the involvement of the President, senior volunteers, internal leaders, and faculty
- Collaborate with OCAD U’s Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Government Relations & Partnerships, and Vice-President, Research & Innovation to integrate and maximize fundraising efforts
- Prioritize and align activities to heighten the integration and effectiveness of campaign, development and alumni relations initiatives
- Foster and strengthen communication and connections with alumni, students and the community, while continually creating and seizing opportunities to build relationships and engage others in OCAD U’s future
- Guide the Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) team to work collaboratively, efficiently and effectively with other University departments, sharing information, knowledge, skills and ideas to engage, inspire and strengthen the team
- Motivate and direct DAR staff by setting measurable goals, priorities, and expectations, monitoring progress, evaluating employee performance, and coaching and fostering professional development, setting an example to staff by creating and realizing aggressive personal targets
- Prioritize and align activities to heighten the integration and effectiveness of development programs
- Apply a holistic approach to revenue generation, including the exploration of innovative business development models and partnerships as well as traditional institutional advancement practices
- Ensure a strategic, systematic and creative approach to prospect and partner identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Support the VPABS in other related duties that contribute to the successful operation of the DAR portfolio
- Post-graduate degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 10+ years of diverse and progressive advancement management experience with a focus on major gifts and/or campaign; experience in a senior management role on a Campaign is preferred
- Previous senior level experience in advancement management within a cultural, not-for-profit, or higher education setting
- Experience in recruiting, guiding, and engaging Board members and a related campaign committee
- Experience in building organizational, technology and information management capacity to assist in building an effective team and development operation
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to manage budgets and a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative, entrepreneurial drive and problem-solving skills
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Highly developed ability to deliver meaningful presentations; especially at the Executive level
- Demonstrated success with prioritizing competing demands and meeting deadlines amongst a heavy volume of work within a multi-level approval process
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, work collegially in a team setting and work effectively with senior-level executives
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and proven ability to deal effectively with a diverse population
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, for a total of 35 hours per week.
Please note that this position is subject to budgetary approval.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter by selecting the link below. The review of applications will begin on April 18, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their cover letter in their application.
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U's Policy on Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.