Posted On: 2017-03-22
Closing On: 2017-05-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Downsview Park, including some off-site as needed
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
About Toronto Wildlife Centre
Toronto Wildlife Centre (TWC), a registered charity, is the only wildlife centre in the GTA and the busiest in Canada. Approximately 5,000 wild animals, representing over 270 different wildlife species, are admitted to our Centre each year. Our team of dedicated employees and volunteers are passionately committed to the rehabilitation and release of sick, injured and orphaned wildlife, and to educating the public on wildlife issues. Now in its 25th year of operation, TWC was the first wildlife centre in Canada with a full veterinary hospital and the only one with a dedicated wildlife rescue program. Currently located in Downsview Park, our plans are underway to develop a new centre in Rouge National Urban Park (RNUP), and a significant capital campaign has commenced to provide for a new facility on this 67-acre site.
This role requires an experienced, talented and passionate individual to work with our small team of dedicated development staff during this exciting time of change and opportunity.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Capital Campaign Manager, the Development Manager will be an integral part of the fundraising team. With 5+ direct reports, oversight of a variety of development channels, and working with all of the Centre’s departments on development-related issues, this is a fast-paced and challenging role.
If you are a hard worker, a skilled and experienced fundraising professional, a strong leader, and committed to Toronto Wildlife Centre’s cause, this is the position for you!
- Oversight and participation in all TWC development channels, including direct mail and other individual donor fundraising, major gifts, corporate fundraising events, and online fundraising
- Inspired leadership of the development team, managing 5+ staff as well as development volunteers
- Collaboration with the Administrative Manager and her team as it relates to fundraising
- Collaboration with all program areas to create a culture of philanthropy within the Centre
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and development team to plan and implement fundraising strategies and targets
- Collaboration with communications staff to ensure that communications are consistent across all channels and that development opportunities are maximized
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Manager to ensure synergy and to maximize opportunities between annual and capital fundraising initiatives
- Identify, research and/or develop new opportunities as they present themselves
- Create, implement and oversee a formal recognition and retention plan for supporters
- Track and evaluate success of development initiatives and staff on an ongoing and annual basis
- College degree in fundraising or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in fundraising with a non-profit organization using a variety of channels
- Proven track record of developing fundraising and communication plans with the aim to build long-term partnerships and relationships with donors and the community
- Understanding of outreach methodologies and the ability to build relationships
- Previous people management experience
- CFRE designation or working towards CFRE designation considered an asset
- Highly organized and hardworking, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work on many and varied projects without compromising quality or efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with Blackbaud products an asset
Candidates should submit a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com; include Fundraising Development Manager in the subject line and address to Nathalie Karvonen. We sincerely thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Toronto Wildlife Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Please, no inquiries.