Posted On: 2017-03-30
Closing On: 2017-04-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a member of our team your primary responsibility will be to implement a solid infrastructure to prioritize the solicitation of major gift donors; developing and managing integrated donor relations which include: cultivation, solicitation and stewardship initiatives involving major gift donors, prospects and volunteers.
- Monitor the Corporation existing fundraising programme and research and suggest new methods of generating income
- Suggesting major gift opportunities, research new trust funds, prepares applications
- Writes proposals to obtain grants and prepares presentations to deliver to potential donors and key stakeholders
- Maintain donor databases, working with the fundraising committee and overseeing event planning and campaigns
- Prepare monthly financial reports/updates for the President & CEO, Board of Governors and Director, Finance
- Develop and maintain effective systems to support the fundraising functions
- Oversees development of gift agreements and sponsorship contracts and ensures they adhere to the Corporations Donor & Sponsor Naming Policy
- Steward individual and foundation donors and ensures benefits are administered
- Nurtures stewardship relationships with major donors through regular communication and face-to-face meetings and events
- Manages and ensures all donor activity is tracked in the Tessitura database
- 5 to 7 years in Fundraising & Stewardship with at least 3 years of direct major gift experience
- Experience with Major Campaigns & working with a Campaign cabinet
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of major individual prospects through the process of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Proven track record of creating and executing strategic development plans and programs that maximize support
- Experience with fundraising databases such as Tessitura
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with demonstrated relationship building skills
- Ability to work proactively, managing competing priorities
- Legacy gift experience
- Strong organizational skills and analytical skills particularly as they apply to Raiser’s Edge
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporation is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
The Corporation is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.