LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
1 Full Time Permanent Position
DATE: March 28, 2017
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
LOFT Community Services is a registered charity helping people optimize their health and well-being by offering unwavering support. LOFT serves nearly 5000 people living with complex mental health, addiction, dementia and physical health challenges, offering a range of services and housing delivered at the community level in Toronto, York Region and South Simcoe County. Every day we see the power of hope and the resilience of the human spirit, and this inspires us to push harder, to innovate and to reach out to the people in greatest need, because everyone deserves to live a dignified life.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager will be a key position in the continuing growth and success of LOFT’s annual fundraising campaign. Working with the Director and other members of the Development team, a principle focus of this position will be planning and executing multi-channel campaigns for renewal and acquisition of one-time and monthly giving using both conventional and social media. The position will also have active involvement in the implementation and evaluation of digital components and will play a major role in the nurturing and maintaining of strong donor relationships. This role will focus on achieving program goals through ongoing increased productivity and evolving the program as appropriate.
This position will require occasional travel to LOFT programs in Toronto, York Region and South Simcoe, and attendance at occasional events and other activities outside of business hours.
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing, implementing and monitoring annual giving/donation plans including direct mail, monthly giving, online and social media solicitation and stewardship.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a mature and professional manner.
- Competency in computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Facility with The Raiser’s Edge is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Wordpress and basic HTML are an asset.
- Experience using social media and online fundraising/donor communications platforms including Convio or Luminate Online would also be an asset.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven customer service ability.
- A team player with proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A driver’s license would be an asset.
- AFP members preferred
TO APPLY: Send resume and covering letter to:
Closing Date: April 28, 2017
PLEASE PUT THE FULL JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS AND ON YOUR COVER LETTER.