Jewish Family & Child is a multi-service, client-centered agency, and a Children’s Aid Society supporting the healthy development of individuals, children, and families; we are seeking a Development Manager to join our team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Manage the Annual Campaign, including strategic direction for the spring appeal, telethons, fall appeals and reminders;
- Manage a Major Gifts portfolio of over 100 donors and contribute to the prospecting and solicitation of new major gifts;
- Develop and manage a Planned Giving Program and a Corporate Matching Gifts Program;
- Lead stewardship initiatives for Major Gift donors, and monthly giving program;
- Lead volunteer committees in the planning and execution of fundraising initiative and events;
- Manage Agency-related fundraising events and recruit volunteers to assist with planning and revenue generation;
- Contribute to the Agency’s growing leadership role within the sector, including the development of community and philanthropic relationships;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Fundraising/Communications and/or related experience;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in Fundraising;
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset;
- Superior verbal and written communications skills;
- Must be a team player with proven ability to work well within diverse groups including staff and volunteers;
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong research skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
In the subject line of your email, please reference Development Manager. This position will remain active until it is filled.
JF&CS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including dental, vision, and health coverage, a Healthcare Spending Account and a defined benefit pension plan.
We offer an ample amount of vacation and sick days and are closed on most Jewish and all Statutory Holidays.
We are conveniently located at 4600 Bathurst Street in Toronto.
On the premises you will find free parking, a daycare centre and a gym (with subsidized membership).
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.