Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto:
Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto is a licensed affiliate member of the Cancer Care Community International and a registered charity that provides innovative and free programming for anyone touched by cancer. Our goal is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. As the Director of Development, you will provide leadership in planning, developing, and implementing an overall development program to further Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto’s strategic and annual goals.
- Develop a 3- year fundraising plan and budget for the development department
- Provide strategic advice on fund development to the Board of Directors through the Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with the CEO and board to ensure Gift Acceptance and Recognition policies are up to date
- Work with the CEO to ensure appropriate and effective strategies and systems are in place to identify new donors and supporting communities
- Cultivate and educate potential donors while stewarding existing donors
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospects to attain specific annual goals
- Strategize with the CEO and senior volunteers on solicitation of lead gifts
- Assist the Board with the execution of a Major Gifts Campaign
- Direct the implementation of annual and planned giving programs
- Oversee the work of the fundraising group(s) that work special events and fundraising activities
- Update and oversee the implementation of the donor recognition program
- Oversee the management of the donor database, receipting and acknowledgement systems
- Identify new ways to market, communicate and promote Gilda's Club Greater Toronto and its giving program
- Participate in the identification and recruitment of volunteers
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the giving program
- Keep up to date with advancements in philanthropy and maintain familiarity with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines for charitable giving
- Other duties from time to time as they relate to the philanthropy program
Qualifications and Competencies of the Ideal Candidate
- Polished professional and high achiever with a minimum of 5 years of successful fund development experience with demonstrated results, working in a policy governance environment
- Strong background in major gift solicitation and in closing gifts $25,000 and over.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with prospective and current donors, board members, government, senior leadership and development team members.
- Motivational leader/mentor committed to shared learning
- Self-starter who will proactively seek and explore untapped potential in our community
- Innovative thinker, creative problem-solver with a passion to succeed and make a difference
- Engaging communicator with strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present in public
- Ability to work with a diverse team, be flexible, adaptable and have a good sense of humour
- CFRE designation, member of AFP an asset
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Gilda's Club Greater Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 24, 2017. Please, no phone calls.
Thank you for thinking of Gilda's Club Greater Toronto; however, only those parties selected for an interview will be contacted.