The Canadian Breast Cancer Support Fund (CBCSF) provides short-term financial assistance to breast cancer patients who are facing financial difficulties while they are undergoing treatment.
For more information about the CBCSF, please visit our website www.cbcsf.ca
The CBCSF Board is requesting applications for a new Director role. The Board is interested in candidates with a passion for our cause. The candidate will be an experienced fundraiser at a leadership level, ideally with a charitable foundation. Given the CBCSF is in its formative years, this position will provide both a leadership role and a more tactical role. The new Director will support the Board and Executive Director with the implementation of its fundraising strategy and will take an active role in execution of the annual fundraising plan.
The time commitment is preparing for and attendance at a Board Meeting 6 times per year, attending committee meetings as required, as well as supporting the Executive Director in specific fundraising work. This is a volunteer position and an ideal opportunity for someone interested in gaining experience on a board.
- 5-10 years leadership experience in fundraising, ideally with a charitable foundation
- Successful track record in fundraising, methodologies and best practises
- Proven experience in strategic development, planning and innovative thinking
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Effectiveness in building, nurturing and leveraging strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Results orientation, accountable, performance driven
- Experience with fundraising databases
- Experience with online fundraising would be considered an asset
- CFRE designation and/or AFP membership preferred
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s, in confidence, to:
Closing Date: April 30, 2017
Charitable Registration No. 83661-2804-RR0001