About The Lung Association:
Breathing. It’s what unites us and it’s what keeps us pushing ahead, whether it’s searching for cures to lung diseases, helping people to quit smoking and ensuring that children never start, or fighting for clean air.
The Lung Association was originally founded to provide care for tuberculosis patients. Over the years, we’ve evolved to meet the changing needs of Canadians, expanding our focus to asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer and other forms of lung disease.
Today, The Lung Association is the leading organization working to promote lung health and prevent and manage lung disease. We do this by funding vital research, pushing for improved treatments and better policies, and helping patients manage their health.
We are helping all Canadians breathe.
Having successfully launched an exciting new brand, The Lung Association – Ontario is looking for a dynamic and accomplished fundraising professional to join our Marketing, Communications and Development Team in the role of Development Specialist – Corporate Engagement.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Philanthropy, and working in close collaboration with the Vice President, Marketing, Communication and Development, the Development Specialist – Corporate Engagement will be responsible for growing new corporate partnerships through the Take a Breather Employee Wellness Program -- securing corporate revenue commitments, supporting companies in implementing new employee-based fundraising campaigns, and working with the Brand Activation Specialist in planning and implementing corporate launch events.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Philanthropy, manages accounts through acquisition, growth and retention.
- Assists in the development of an annual budget and strategy to carry out development plans, including sourcing potential partners, and devising tactics and tools.
- Provides accountability for achieving revenue and business objectives.
- Researches potential partners and sources of funding; prepares solicitation letters, funding proposals and sponsorship packages; secures in-person meetings and conducts introductory presentations on the Take a Breather program.
- Develops and implements strategies for engaging businesses; develops opportunities to leverage engagement through employee participation.
- Effectively manage fundraising resources and practice ethical fundraising
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of fund development experience, with a proven track record in securing gifts, developing third-party fundraising programs, and managing relationships with corporate partners
- Proven program management abilities with the demonstrated ability to drive and achieve financial targets
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and present strong cases for support
- Understanding of corporate employee wellness initiatives is an asset
- Superior organizational skills, and an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Possess strong technical skills including experience with fundraising database applications (knowledge of Raisers Edge is an asset), and ability to use and analyze data
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours and travel as necessary
- Bilingualism is a definite asset
Applicants can submit their cover letter and resume to Geeta Thomas: email@example.com
Closing Date: April 21, 2017