Canadian Feed The Children (CFTC) – proudly and independently Canadian since 1986 – works to unlock children’s potential through community-led action in Canada and around the world. CFTC delivers development programs through local partners that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on children’s lives and on the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. Currently operating in five countries (Bolivia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda, and in First Nations communities in Canada), this award-winning, Imagine Canada Standards-accredited agency is at the leading edge of practice in the international development sector.
If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation is rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts, the Senior Development Officer will be responsible for developing and managing the Middle Donor giving portfolio (gift range $1,000-$9,999) securing current and future gifts to Canadian Feed The Children through on-going commitments. Emphasis will be placed on building relationships with both current and new Middle Donors through well-defined strategic planning, management of donor relationships in a manner consistent with CFTC’s mission and values, drive revenue to diversity and strengthen revenue streams while deepening supporter affinity and donor journey and stewardship plan.
Success in this role will be defined by meeting Middle Donor revenue targets by increasing active Middle Donor portfolio size, increasing overall revenue through balanced portfolio fundraising, and enhancing personalized support experience.
Acting as a member of the Development Team, the Senior Development Officer, will also provide support to the VP of Development and the Senior Manager, Major Gifts on a wide range of projects including planned giving, special events, employee giving, cause marketing, partner visit trip planning, donor research, and prospecting.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Develop and execute on a Middle Donor program
- Personally accountable for achieving annual goals and targets ($500,000+) through a portfolio of current Middle Donors (individual, foundation and corporate) and prospects through in-person, digital, and direct marketing channels, by leading donor through the stages of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Build and manage an annual strategy to grow a robust and engaged Middle Donor program
- Develop and implement an effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship through multiple-channel touch points including mailings, emails, phone calls, online and in-person meetings
- Prepare and manage relevant grant proposals and Middle Donor materials such as proposals, letters and reports that are compelling, accurate, professional and on brand
- Implement marketing activities aimed at securing more Middle Donors and attracting planned gifts to CFTC
- Working closely with the Annual Fundraising team to move donors up and down the pipeline through research and qualification strategies.
- Support corporation in cause marketing and employee giving campaigns
- Maintain effective and organized tracking systems, reporting forms, and donor and prospect files in Raisers Edge ensuring all processes are in place – call notes, call briefs, Raisers Edge actions, correspondence, stewardship activities, proposals etc.
- Generate reports from RE for tracking purposes, KPI analytics and to manage actions
- Provide weekly activity reports and progress summaries to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong understanding of best practices in both major gift fundraising and annual fundraising
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results oriented environment
- Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge
- Proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS –PowerPoint, email, calendar and web browsers
- University undergraduate degree or higher and/or a Community College certificate in fundraising
- Extraordinary relationship development skills with a proven and successful track record soliciting gifts
- Knowledge of the Canadian not-for-profit sector and international development issues required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including proposal writing
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently
- Excellent organizational, budgetary, analytical, strategic planning and presentation skills, including public speaking
- Holds or working towards a CFRE an asset
You will have a valid passport and be available to travel internationally occasionally.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Deadline for applications is Tuesday, May 11, 2017 at 5pm Eastern. Interviews are scheduled to take place in late May.
Internal candidates with the required skill-set are encouraged to apply by advising their manager and following the same process outlined above.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Feed the Children is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Feed the Children is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.