Manager, Individual Giving - Mid-Level Donors
Canadian Women’s Foundation is Canada’s national public foundation for Canadian women and girls.
The Foundation invests in the strength of women and the dreams of girls. Its goal is to empower women and girls in Canada to move out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership. Since 1991, it has engaged with individuals, corporations and foundations across Canada to raise funds and invest in over 1,400 community programs, and partnered with multiple stakeholders across Canada to help achieve these goals. The Foundation is now one of the ten largest women’s foundations in the world, with offices in Toronto and Calgary, and additional staff in Montreal and Vancouver. More information on the Foundation is available at www.canadianwomen.org
Canadian Women’s Foundation seeks an experienced, energetic and results-oriented fundraising professional for the role of Manager, Philanthropy, with a focus on Individual Giving, Mid-Level Donors and legacy giving.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive mid-level donor program across Canada. The Manager, Philanthropy, Individual Giving will actively work to deepen relationships with mid-level donors to increase donor retention, grow the number of annual donors, increase the size of individual donations, track data for the donor group and make strategic decisions to improve fundraising results. This position will also be responsible for identifying the major donor prospects within the mid-level donor portfolio, which is crucial to increasing the efficiency of the major donor program.
In addition, working with the Director, Philanthropy, Individual Giving develop a legacy giving program.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Relationship Management – 70%
- Manage an existing portfolio of over 300 individual donors and private family foundations within the $1,000 - $9,999 giving range.
- Identify new individual and private family foundation prospects, develop giving profiles, and strategies for engagement.
- Conduct a full range of activities to research, write, submit, and manage proposals, including developing budgets and managing stewardship reports.
- Steward current and potential donors through regular updates (phone calls, meetings, personal letters, emails, etc.) to maintain interest and engagement.
- Assist with donor cultivation and engagement events.
- Ensure donors are recognized where appropriate based on donor relationship management guidelines and opportunities.
- Assist the Director, Individual Giving in providing support to the Toronto Giving Committee as required.
Planning – 20%
- Plan and execute all aspects of the mid-level giving program to support acquisition, retention and lapsed strategies to meet individual giving goals.
- Work closely with the Director, Individual Giving on a strategy aimed at moving mid-level donors into higher giving levels.
- Participate in planning sessions with the Development teams in Toronto and Alberta.
Data Management – 10%
- Ensure complete and accurate donor/prospect information in the Raiser’s Edge database and track all donor/prospect interactions.
- Analyze giving trends and donor/prospect data to make informed decisions about current and future strategies to continuously strengthen relationships and grow revenue.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent related work experience required.
- 5+ years progressive fundraising experience, with a focus on individual giving and private family foundations, and preferably in a non-profit organization.
- A proven track record of personally identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding individuals and private family foundations and closing gifts between the $1,000 - $9,999 giving range.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion to work in a fast-paced, fully integrated fundraising environment helping women and girls in Canada, and have an understanding of the women’s non-profit sector.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing moves management program for mid-level donors.
- Successful track record in developing compelling proposals and impact reports.
- High proficiency in using donor management database; experience using Raiser’s Edge NXT is an asset.
- Experience using MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with demonstrated initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, stay on schedule and meet deadlines with the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to develop, communicate and execute strategies with measurable results.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, cross functionally and with high-level fundraising volunteers.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter (please indicate your salary expectations) in MSWord or PDF format as a single file. Please use “Manager, Individual Giving (Mid-Level) – your name” as the subject line of your email.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to equity in employment and seeks to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 5, 2017.
No inquiries please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.