Posted On: 2017-04-07
Closing On: 2017-04-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: May 8, 2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ve’ahavta -- Development Officer – Full-Time
Ve’ahavta is a Jewish charitable social service organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths who are marginalized by poverty.
See www.veahavta.org for more information.
Ve’ahavta is looking for a candidate with strong leadership skills who is seeking the opportunity to grow as a professional and to work as part of a dynamic and creative team.
As an integral part of the fundraising team, reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Officer is responsible for a varied portfolio of fundraising activities which aim to raise awareness and revenues for Ve’ahavta including: individual and corporate solicitation, planning and managing Ve’ahavta’s annual gala, and managing other fundraising initiatives. This position will also play a key role in further developing the organization’s software and database (with IT Consultant) to support fundraising efforts.
Direct Solicitation and Fundraising
- Assigned solicitations and responsible for closing gifts
- Manage monthly giving program and special fundraising campaigns
Fund Development Activities
- Plan, manage and execute various fundraising activities and events that provide revenues for Ve’ahavta such as the annual Poker Tournament and new fundraising events
- Plan, manage and execute annual campaign activities including corporate and organization giving
- Support the execution of Third Party Events
- Oversee the planning and execution of Ve’ahavta’s annual gala, Starry Nights
- Create budgets and monitor expenses for programs
- Play a key role in further developing Ve’ahavta’s database system, with special focus on functionality in the area of campaign
- In conjunction with the Technology Management Team, oversee the administration of the database system.
Communications, Marketing, and Outreach
- Work closely with the Communications Department to support fundraising efforts
- Develop proposals for new initiatives
- Assist in developing a social media strategy for the campaign
- Proactively build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Serve as an ambassador for Ve’ahavta in the community
- Minimum of three years full-time work experience, preferably in a non-profit setting but other work experience may be considered
- Undergraduate degree preferred with some educational background in fundraising, social work, sales or related fields
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Superior computer skills;
- Working knowledge of fundraising software (Salesforce for non-profits preferred)
- Developing reports and monitoring donor tracking
- Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Problem-solving skills, hardware and software
- Social media/online fundraising mechanisms
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, dealing with a range of stakeholders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Knowledge of the Toronto Jewish community is an asset
Candidate must be prepared to work a flexible schedule that will include occasional evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record with access to a car as needed.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: April 28, 2017 or until position is filled.
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.