Posted On: 2017-04-10
Closing On: 2017-04-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Donor Relations Officer
Reporting to the Director of Development at Renascent, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for overseeing all the aspects the significant donor relations and stewardship programs at Renascent. The Donor Relations Officer is accountable for the implementation and success of the significant gifts strategy for Renascent and managing the donor relationships with significant Individuals. In order to be effective, the Donor Relations Officer works collaboratively with the Senior Management Team, the Philanthropy team, Board Members and staff across the organization, to build a successful significant donor program for Renascent.
Donor Relations Officer
To secure funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement
Cultivate, prospect and steward relationships with individual major giftdonors
Research and develop a prospect pipeline internally by continuing to work with all levels of the organization (management, Board, alumni managers, house managers, counsellors, family care team, office staff and volunteers) to identify and approach potential donors
Support, manage and coordinate major gift activities with staff and volunteers
Schedule site visits, face-to-face meetings and “discovery visits”
Coordinate stewardship events each fiscal year – i.e. Guardian Angel Luncheon
Coordinate sponsorship asks with special events teams to ensure a coordinated approach to our corporate partners
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree and Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred
- 5 years of fundraising experience, with a solid track record in asking for and closing significant gifts
- Sound knowledge of addiction treatment and recovery, including an understanding and commitment to the 12-step-based abstinence approach
- Comprehensive fundraising knowledge, including major gifts, capital campaigns and planned giving
- Proven success in building and maintaining long-term relationships across all constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new prospects
- Experience in budget development and planning
- High energy, positive, collaborative and a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of data base programs (Raiser’s Edge)
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits program, commensurate with experience.
Full time position. A typical work week will be 9:00 to 5:00, Monday to Friday. However, may vary depending on the business needs.
Are you a fit?
If this sounds’ like you please submit a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2017. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.