Kingston’s vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston’s high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
The Revenue Development Manager is responsible for researching, planning and executing all revenue development initiatives on behalf of the Cultural Services and Recreation and Leisure Services departments in alignment with corporate priorities as well as existing strategies, policies and procedures.
The primary focus of this position is to manage the sponsorship and fundraising program made possible through the Grand Theatre Foundation Agreement between the City of Kingston and the Grand Theatre Foundation. In this capacity the position is responsible for managing a portfolio of existing individual, corporate, and foundation supporters as part of the Grand Theatre Foundation’s overall sponsorship/fundraising program. The Revenue Development Manager is also expected to identify, solicit and steward new relationships with individual, corporate and foundation supporters.
The Revenue Development Manager also works with various stakeholders within Cultural Services and Recreation and Leisure Services to research, plan and execute a variety of revenue development programs, particularly as it relates to programs, facilities, events and services. There may also be requirements to support other departments in the Corporation.
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Five (5) years of fundraising experience (including major gifts) in a non-profit arts or recreational organization or comparable client focused environment;
- Preference given to applicants with Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials;
- Required to obtain and maintain satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check) at own expense;
- Must possess and maintain a valid class “G” Ontario driver’s license;
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Proven track record in developing strategic fundraising plans and meeting the objectives of these plans;
- Demonstrable experience meeting or exceeding revenue development goals, obtaining sponsorships and stewarding supporters;
- Superior research and analytical skills to identify prospects;
- Strong organizational, planning and decision making skills;
- Ability to work in a political environment with sound integrity while demonstrating an awareness of competing interests in a municipal setting;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to develop proposals, conduct presentations and facilitate meetings in a variety of settings;
- Knowledge of Canadian philanthropic and non-profit arts environment, and supporting legislation;
- Successful experience writing and managing grants/funding opportunities;
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with fundraising programs;
- Ability to work outside regular business hours.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. Please upload to your profile, any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position you are applying to. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The City of Kingston is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.