Senior Development Officer, Partnerships
The Senior Development Officer, Partnerships will be a key full-time member of the Advancement team, working under the direction of the Director of Development and will be responsible for supporting all activities related to securing sponsorships and donations from the Corporate sector.
The Senior Development Officer, Partnerships will identify, cultivate and solicit donors as it relates to the fundraising programs and priorities of the COC. He/she will build strong relationships with key constituents and will be responsible for developing strategies and providing counsel to gain and/or enhance the interest and involvement of members of the Corporate community who directly or through other sources are capable of making and or influencing commitments at the Major Gift level.
Relationship building will extend to ensuring that sponsorships and gifts are properly stewarded in order to maintain involvement, interest and continued support. The incumbent’s exceptional organizational talents and database management skills are matched by an ability to communicate respectfully and professionally with donors and volunteers in person, by phone or in writing.
The incumbent will be proficient using Tessitura for gathering and entering data, co-ordinating thank you and tax receipt letters and will also use the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access) for mail merges, tracking lists, creating invitations and personalized mail projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, cultivate and steward donors/prospects
- Conduct solicitation assignments where appropriate, personally and in tandem with senior staff and volunteers
- Prepare proposals, briefing notes, case statements, presentation, progress reports and other documents/materials in support of the cultivation/solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies personally and with senior volunteers and staff
- Provide excellence in prospect and moves management
- Income and expense reporting
- Administration and management of partnership agreements, invoicing and partnership data
- Co-ordinate all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment including marketing/branding, sponsor ticketing, and client hosting and entertainment receptions
- Liaise with other departments in order to develop a fulsome engagement and partnership plan to ensure sponsor benefit delivery
- Conduct analysis of economic trends of the business sector globally as it relates to the COC and the community-at-large
- Perform other duties as required
Evening and weekend work will be required—acting as a COC representative at performances and other COC events as necessary.
The incumbent will thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment and will possess excellent organizational and time management skills. This position involves working with databases and ticketing programs so detail oriented work is key. He/she will have proven expertise in customer service, stewardship and event planning. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) is and asset as is an appreciation of the performing arts.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via e-mail or mail, stating salary expectations, no later than Monday, May 8, 2017 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E. Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
Submit application with the subject line: “[your name], Senior Development Officer, Partnerships”.
Only applications received by Monday, May 8, 2017 will be considered. The Canadian Opera Company thanks, in advance, all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The COC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: April 10, 2017