Senior Manager, Advancement Operations
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Senior Manager, Advancement Operations is responsible for, and as appropriate provides leadership for, the Advancement Services functions which support and promote fundraising in the areas of constituent database and technology infrastructure, business analysis and reporting, gift and biographic records management, campaign reporting, project and fund management, donor relations and special events.
The Senior Manager, Advancement Operations will support the Chief Advancement Officer in the divisional planning process, the annual and multi-year budget forecasting and year-end processes. He/she ensures that all operational and business models are best in practice and align with the overall mission of the Company. In addition the Senior Manager, Advancement Operations leads a team that supports the information services, records management, research, donations processing.
The Senior Manager, Advancement Operations builds, manages, and stewards strong relationships with divisional staff and key partners in the Finance, Information Technology and Human Resources departments.
- Responsible for Annual Fund revenue goals and overseeing the planning and execution of all campaigns and integration of development asks into subscription renewal campaigns
- Provide guidance on forecasting , goal setting and renewal prospecting efforts
- Work with Chief Advancement Officer on programming benefits for members and Audience Engagement programs
- Ensure ongoing proper functioning of stewardship/fulfillment of annual member donor privileges
- Act as Customer Relationship Management “CRM”/Ticketing system data supervisor for Advancement
- Maintain database administration and data integrity by contributing to policies for data and user security
- Maintain Campaign, Fund and Appeal structure in CRM/Ticketing system
- Understand relationship between COC systems such as: CRM/Ticketing (Tessitura), Financial System Solomon), website (coc.ca and TNEW) and represent Advancement in resolution of inter-system issues
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all donation and membership revenues in CRM/Ticketing system and deposit of funds received by Advancement
- Develop and enforce policies and guidelines for processing/tracking of all types of payments and gifts
- Meet targets for timely delivery of tax receipts and donation acknowledgements
- Act as CRA compliance officer and handle associated responsibilities including proper issuing of receipts and working closely with finance in producing annual CRA Charity Return
- Assist with the creation of the annual operating plan for the Office of Advancement, track department/project expenses and make recommendations for monthly forecasting
- Provide business analysis by designing data queries and outputs in the CRM/Ticketing system
- Guide production of lists by Advancement staff used for e-mail updates, event invites and renewal and acquisition solicitations to ensure accuracy and quality
- Develop various business reports analyzing ticket purchase behaviour, develop dashboards to meet reporting needs of Annual Programs, Government, Sponsorship, Events and Advancement
- Assist with information for audits, financial filings and board reports
- Coach and train frontline staff on entry of Tessitura plans and steps, viewing and searching of constituent records and use of dashboards in CRM/Ticketing system
- Develop and maintain data entry protocol to facilitate generation of donor prospect lists
- Working with events, acts as point of contact for onsite event payment processing and data collection
- Mentor, train and supervise direct reports within Advancement Operations team
In addition to regular hours, occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
- University degree, community college diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a fundraising setting
- Minimum of two years’ management experience including staff supervision and budget management
- Minimum of two years’ experience with CRM/Ticketing system in gift processing or database administration capacity
- Understanding of database structures and SQL
- Understanding of ticketing and donor systems–previous experience with Tessitura an asset
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship management plans and systems
- Experience in providing support to a major gifts team
- Strategic planner and thinker, creative and flexible problem solver, and highly organized
- Independent self-starter with negotiation skills and high initiative
- Able to respect and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Consideration given to previous fundraising experience in the arts and an appreciation of opera
ABOUT THE CANADIAN OPERA COMPANY
Based in Toronto, the Canadian Opera Company is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the largest in North America. The COC enjoys a loyal audience support-base and one of the highest attendance and subscription rates in North America. Under its leadership team of General Director Alexander Neef and Music Director Johannes Debus, the COC is increasingly capturing the opera world’s attention. The COC maintains its international reputation for artistic excellence and creative innovation by creating new productions within its diverse repertoire, collaborating with leading opera companies and festivals, and attracting the world’s foremost Canadian and international artists. The COC performs in its own opera house, the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, hailed internationally as one of the finest in the world. Designed by Diamond Schmitt Architects, the Four Seasons Centre opened in 2006. For more information on the COC, visit coc.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via e-mail or mail, stating salary expectations, no later than Monday, May 8, 2017 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E. Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
Submit application with the subject line: “[your name], Senior Manager, Advancement Operations”.
Only applications received by Monday, May 8, 2017 will be considered. The Canadian Opera Company thanks, in advance, all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The COC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: April 10, 2017