Posted On: 2017-04-11
Closing On: 2017-04-28
Location: Mississauga, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Foundations & Grants
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts and Campaigns, the incumbent will work as a member of the national Philanthropy team and support the development and implementation of a strategy focussed on securing funds from domestic and international foundations and granting organizations. The incumbent will manage a portfolio of existing relationships and actively pursue new funding opportunities in support of core Red Cross programs to meet annual revenue requirements. The incumbent will lead a growing team of direct reports from across the country and oversee all Foundations and Grants activity.
Develops and manages a portfolio of domestic and international foundations and granting organizations:
- Works with Philanthropy and the wider organization to gather programmatic, statistical and financial information
- Coordinates between Departments supplying and managing timelines
- Prepares, writes and submits proposals, reports and other correspondence
- Researches prospective funders and maintains an active list for securing additional partners creating a portfolio/pipeline
- Builds relationships with existing and prospective foundations and granting organizations
- Schedules cultivation, solicitation and donor stewardship meetings
- Maintains solicitation calendar to ensure that proposals and reports are submitted on time
- Ensures reporting requirements are met to funders including financial reporting
- Effectively communicates with program staff on successful applications
- Supports all recognition of foundations and granting groups
- Manages the tracking of all foundations and granting applications in Raiser’s Edge.
Manages Foundations and Grants staff and oversees all Foundations and Grants activity:
- With the Director, Major Gifts and Campaigns and the Philanthropy team, develops and initiates strategies, sets goals and plans and communicates financial objectives
- Provides management and leadership in the area of foundation and grant solicitations
- Ensures effectiveness and tracking of Foundations and Grants activity at Canadian Red Cross.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of Foundations and Grants including regular monthly and quarterly reporting of key activity and financial indicators
- Monitors progress of annual goals and makes adjustments as needed to ensure success
Supports international and domestic disaster appeals:
- Manages communications with foundations and granting organizations during times of disasters to share information and gain support
- Integrates volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibility.
- Follows all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Adheres to implemented strategies to support social justice and diversity, in accordance with Society policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for this job are a community college diploma or university degree in Fundraising/Marketing with five or more years of job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Exceptional proposal writing with demonstrated track record of delivering fundraising results.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database is preferable.
Travel throughout the community is a requirement. Current driver’s license and use of a car is required. Will be required to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of volunteers and during times of a disaster appeal.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record reference check. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may submit their resume in confidence, no later than April 28th, 2017 to: