The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at The Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital as well as their respective research arms, Krembil Research Institute and Toronto General Research Institute. The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network, which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, the Toronto Rehab Institute, and The Michener Institute. University Health Network (UHN) is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable Hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare. The Foundation´s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with University Health Network stakeholders. Our Values are excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and donor-centered.
The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Development Assistant, Marketing, Communications & Community Giving for a maternity leave replacement contract. The assistant will provide donor relations support for the Community Giving team, as well provide administrative and fundraising support to the very active Marketing, Communications and Community Giving teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills. Strong time management and organizational skills are a necessity in this role if the candidate is to successfully navigate multiple priorities and stakeholders. Given the volume of interaction with donors, patients, hospital staff and foundation colleagues, we are looking for a well-spoken professional who demonstrates courtesy and patience.
- Serve as main reception for TGWHF’s Toronto Western Hospital foundation office. This includes face-to-face, telephone and email interactions with donors, patients and hospital staff.
- Respond to donor needs relating to donations, receipts, address updates and additional concerns.
- Provide a range of administrative support to the Marketing, Communication & Community Giving team including organization and scheduling team meetings, completing cheque requisitions and gift processing forms, tracking invoices and expenses, along with other administrative tasks.
- Support to the Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Community Giving and the Director, Community Giving through organization and scheduling of meetings, material preparation, and other tasks requiring professional assistance.
- Oversees office management for Toronto Western foundation offices including requisition of office supplies and services, and management of incoming mail/courier/shuttle deliveries.
- When needed, prepare custom thank you letters, coordinate tax receipts and special donor communications as directed by Community Giving and/or Donations Processing teams.
- Administrative support, including data entry and ticket fulfilment, for UHN Staff 50/50 raffle.
- Respond to Gift-in-Kind inquiries and facilitates appraisals.
- Additional tasks as required.
- University degree or equivalent work experience, ideally in a healthcare-based fundraising.
- Previous experience in a customer and/or donor relations role.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; able to establish priorities, balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience in the use of Raiser’s Edge, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with a keen attention to detail.
- A professional attitude and demeanor; ability to positively represent our foundation when communicating with a variety of stakeholders including donors, patients, staff.
- Maturity, tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge of fundraising professional standards and ethics.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter by Friday, April 21, 2017 to:
Development Assistant, Community Giving
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.