Posted On: 2017-04-13
Closing On: 2017-04-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon aspossible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Development Coordinator/Raiser’s Edge Administrator
POSITION TYPE: Full Time permanent salaried
Environmental Defence (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada's most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS
We seek a skilled, enthusiastic Development Coordinator who is interested in joining a creative, innovative team working on the cutting edge of the Canadian environmental sector. The ideal candidate cares about the environment, has a passion for perfection and an eye for detail to provide fundraising and database support for our fundraising activities.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are related to donor relations, donation processing, receipting and acknowledgment, and database maintenance. In addition, the Development Coordinator will be involved in supporting various development program initiatives, including donor stewardship.
- Processing donations and pledges in Raiser’s Edge
- Preparing charitable donation receipts and thank you letters in a timely manner
- Tracking the monthly donor activity and reactivating lapsed monthly donors
- Preparing donor lists for fundraising activities and creating reports for tracking and analyzing fundraising initiatives
- Analyzing individual donor attrition rates
- Compiling revenue by type on a monthly basis
- Compiling gift and revenue reports for annual Registered Charity Information Return
- Organizing and maintaining files and records relevant to donation processing activities
- Conducting donor relations activities including responding to donor requests for information, updating donor information, and identifying donors that require special attention
- Maintaining database policies, procedures and systems to ensure the integrity of data
- Providing administrative support to the development team as needed
- Comprehensive knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software is essential
- Experience with a variety of customer relationship management (CRM) systems an asset
- Proficiency creating complex formula driven spreadsheets in Excel
- 2 years experience or more in the not-for-profit sector
- Fundraising experience considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of record keeping processes
- Ability to work in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Commitment to the Environmental Defence vision and mission
- A detail-oriented perfectionist who derives fulfillment from database work
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced team atmosphere and loves chocolate
This is a full time, salaried, permanent position, based in our downtown Toronto office. We offer a benefits package after the 3-month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until 9 am Wednesday April 26, 2017.
Please direct your application BY EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mary Ford, HR Manager. Include “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.