Title: Advancement Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Today, with 1.2 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
•Heart and vascular
•High risk maternal and newborn
•Image-guided brain therapies
The Advancement Officer will, with the guidance and support of the Executive Director, independently manage and build a portfolio of engaged prospects and donors, secure financial support for Hospital priority projects and initiatives, while providing critical support to our volunteers and hospital partners. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative person who welcomes hospital partnership and engagement. The Advancement Officer possesses strong organizational skills and strong follow through and will enjoy interacting with physicians, staff and grateful patients.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned major gift prospects and donors through the donor life cycle
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a range of individual and corporate major gift donors
- Maintain accuracy of all active donor files including all related donor record administration, briefing notes, and contact reports
- Work with Hospital stakeholders to understand programmatic content, strategic priorities and initiatives and directly contribute to securing philanthropic support
- Work with hospital staff and physicians to identify grateful patients and build prospective donor pipeline
- When appropriate, work closely with other teams to assist with the strategic development and execution of cultivation and stewardship events and/or marketing initiatives to maximize donor engagement and advancement opportunities
- Work with Executive Director to achieve annual performance metrics and financial targets
Skills and abilities required:
- Experience developing major gift strategy and execution including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Experience in development of donor proposals, gift agreements, and stewardship reports
- Proven ability to work well with a wide range of constituents, including volunteers, donors, and program staff
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, analysis, political navigation and professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Ability to function as a member of a team to fulfill the team's responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum college or university degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in major gift fundraising with direct donor and/or volunteer contact
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by May 3rd, 2017 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Advancement Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.