Posted On: 2017-04-17
Closing On: 2017-05-03
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Assistant to the Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Today, with 1.2 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
•Heart and vascular
•High risk maternal and newborn
•Image-guided brain therapies
The Assistant to the Executive Director will manage and coordinate the activities of the Executive Director and his/her portfolio and support the Executive Director in all his/her activities.
- Manage the calendar of the Executive Director
- Support the Executive Director in the movement of his/her portfolio and pipeline
- Support the Executive Director in his/her advancement activities through the following:
- Preparation of briefing notes and contact reports
- Preparation of cultivation/solicitation/stewardship packages
- Coordination of follow-up meetings and actions
- Processing of major gifts with fund designations
- Perform all data-entry, coding, filing and information management pertaining to the Executive Director’s activities
- Coordinate hospital tours and meetings with staff, physicians, volunteers, donors, prospects and stakeholders, including taking minutes as necessary
- Execute meeting logistics
- Communicate pertinent information to donors, prospects and volunteers as directed
- Assist in the development of presentation and meeting materials as directed
- Prepare expense reports for the Executive Director
- Provide training and orientations sessions for new employees as requested
- Work with other teams to execute cultivation or stewardship events and/or marketing initiatives
- Assist with the advancement team’s activities as required
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills and abilities required:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and is action oriented
- Team player
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management capabilities
- Proven ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Minimum college or university degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience with administrative, project management and customer service skills preferably in a fundraising, healthcare or non-profit environment
- Strong computer skills using MS Office suite software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by May 3rd, 2017, to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca .
Please quote “Assistant to the ED” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.