Posted On: 2017-04-19
Closing On: 2017-04-30
Location: Markham, ON
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director, Advancement & Alumni, the Development Officer, Sponsorship and Special Projects, is responsible for the planning and implementation of advancement fundraising events, with a mandate to engage Seneca staff, faculty, donors and students in volunteering, fundraising and promoting a culture of philanthropy. Major responsibilities of the Officer include developing strategies for special events, recruiting and managing volunteers, prospecting and soliciting sponsorships to meet fundraising goals, managing budgets, event execution and stewardship.
- Planning fundraising events, setting fundraising goals, building a pool of volunteers and donors for annual giving
- Developing strategies for corporate sponsorships, in-kind donations and individual giving tactics and participating in solicitations to reach fundraising targets
- Building a culture of philanthropy by engaging the Seneca community and corporate partners in various fundraising campaigns as volunteers, event participants, sponsors or donors
- Striking volunteer committees to organize fundraising events, such as the annual golf tournament, and providing orientation, guidance and support to committee members
- Engaging various departmental leaders in identifying and soliciting potential event sponsors
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of the fundraising events are well executed and meet brand requirements
- Coordinating production of communications and promotional material for fundraising events, developing content for marketing materials, invitations, sponsorship packages, announcements, website, social media, briefing materials, speaking notes, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating logistics and participants for each initiative, while managing acquisition of materials and resources, on-site event execution, and to ensuring last minute requirements are addressed
- Developing stewardship strategies for thanking donors, sponsors and volunteers
- Monitoring online fundraising modules and ensuring relevant event data and donor information is entered in Raiser’s Edge
- Managing event budgets and producing post-event reports that assess financial and experiential results
- Performing administrative functions such as creating and distributing meeting minutes, obtaining quotations, tracking invoices, responding to event and donation inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.
- A 3-year diploma in Event Planning/Management, Marketing, Corporate Communications, or Social Media Studies. If education is in a related field, state relevancy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event planning, volunteer management and sponsorship solicitations
- Excellent public relations, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), conflict management, event and volunteer management skills
- Strong project and budget management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem-solving and attention to detail are imperative
- Results driven, tactful, flexible, a strong team player and ability to work with a diverse group of constituents, including corporate partners, senior executives, faculty and students
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media
- Working knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database system
- Access to reliable vehicle is required for travel between campuses and to events.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
TO APPLY: Please prepare a covering letter and resume (as one document) with Competition 17A-1018 in the file name, and addressed to Agnes Greer, Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant. Applications are accepted online at www.senecacollege.ca/careers