Posted On: 2017-04-27
Closing On: 2017-05-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Senior Manager, Lottery Strategy
Reports to: Director, Lottery
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full-time
This is an amazing opportunity for a direct response marketer who is equally as passionate about strategy as they are about execution. Working in a true multichannel environment they will be able to innovate to shape the lottery and grow revenue that is used to benefit millions of Canadians affected by heart disease and stroke. The successful candidate will work with internal and external teams to target best in class communications.
Reporting to the Director, Lottery, this is a key and hybrid role between strategic thinking and execution. The role needs a strategic thinker who understands the evolving world of direct response marketing and then can execute this knowledge and participate in the implementation of all elements of a plan.
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Reviews research and analysis to gain a deep understanding of customers to guide and develop channel strategy, audience and key messages
- Work with the Director, Lottery to manage the development and execution of the Lottery’s annual marketing and communications plan
- Monitors and evaluates trends in direct response marketing to identify new opportunities and recommend adjustments to strategies as appropriate.
- Develop a strategy to engage lottery customers throughout the year through content
- Assist Director, Lottery in the development of revenue and expense forecasts as part of the annual budget process
- Focus on risk management related to gaming requirements
- Responsible for reporting of revenue and expense targets.
- Constantly reviews response and conversion metrics and quickly incorporates them into tactical programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of campaigns to ensure that goals are delivered per plan.
- Comply with all policies and practices, including Financial, Accounting, IT, Contract and Purchasing, and compliance with the Code of Professional Conduct.
Campaign Planning and Execution
- Generates ideas and leads creative development with our agencies and acts as a filter to turn a large array of test ideas into a short list that balances short-term and long-term goals.
- Analyzes test results, identifies winning creative, strategies, and segments, and finds innovative ways to turn results data into tangible and meaningful wins.
- Manages the execution of online and offline direct response campaigns including agency briefings, media targeting, creative production, tracking & post analysis of campaigns.
- Provide data-driven, strategic marketing direction and executional oversight in a multi-channel environment
- Leads the end to end tactical planning in order to grow all digital channels including web, email, social, search
- Possess a deep understanding of data, predictive models and segmentation in order to target communications
- Leads creative design and content for lottery communications including social channels, e-newsletters, marketing brochures, etc.
- Input into and executional management of annual innovation and testing plans for the Lottery program
Internal and External Relationship Management
- Ensure supplier relationships are properly established, clearly documented and managed in accordance with Contract and Purchasing Policies.
- Build, manage and sustain the internal and external business relationships necessary to support the Lottery’s objectives
- Work across the organization to keep informed of other Foundation programs and activities to identify opportunities for lottery growth communications
- Provide regular updates to the Director, Lottery regarding any program issues and possible resolution options
- Lead the development of a highly effective team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and values are maintained and that staff is well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the Manager, Marketing Communications and Coordinator, Lottery in executing plans and resolving any program issues across all phases of campaign development and implementation
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Establish team performance plan; build a strong team and develop cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally
- Establish performance plan and objectives and review on an ongoing basis; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports as per the performance management process
- As required, recruit skilled talent in support of current and future needs, following policies, interviewing methodology and assessment guidelines
- Familiarize and comply with all policies
- Provide coaching and development to team members and implement initiatives that effectively inspires loyalty and philanthropy amongst our supporters.
- Demonstrate the values through behaviours
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
- Ensure direct reports are in full compliance Foundation and Departmental policies and practices.
- Manager, Lottery Communications
- Coordinator, Lottery
- Works closely with Procurement, Finance and Marcomm
- External Agency partners/Vendors
- University degree in Marketing
- 8+ years of experience specifically in a data driven, direct sales environment
- 2-4 years of people management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of digital fundraising or sales
- Web site and Ecommerce project management experience a plus
- Must be able to read the data and construct the story
- Established ability to work with data and analytics to maximize response
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage external vendors/ suppliers in a professional manner
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with staff and vendors at all levels
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Ability to manage high volume of material and ensure accuracy (right first time)
- Self-initiative is a must.
- Strong Project Management skills including delivery of successful projects on time with attention to details
- Flexibility and a very strong sense of urgency
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.