Posted On: 2017-04-30
Closing On: 2017-05-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Senior Analyst, Knowledge Exchange
Reports to: Senior Manager, Knowledge Exchange
Department: Research and Knowledge Exchange
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full time
Are you a person who is excited by the opportunity to develop a mission data strategy for one of Canada’s leading health charities to help reduce the burden of heart disease and stroke? This role will work directly with key stakeholders to support the essential collection and delivery of accurate science and mission critical information.
This is a unique opportunity to develop and implement knowledge exchange resources and activities to address the gap between research, fundraising, communications, marketing and mission programs. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the development and delivery of accurate science and mission information. You will ensure that external-facing mission-related communications are credible, consistent and scientifically accurate. You will play a key role in synthesizing a range of administrative, research and public data to support internal teams and stakeholders. You will work closely with people who have experienced heart disease and stroke, including patients, family caregivers, and their friends, to coordinate their input on emerging medical evidence and drug treatments through the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) patient input process.
CADTH Patient Input Submissions
- Lead the development of Heart & Stroke CADTH patient input submissions, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations on whether to proceed with CADTH patient input submissions.
- Undertake literature review to collect existing evidence on the impact of specific cardio-cerebrovascular drugs and technologies.
- Identify Canadian drug trial centres in the event deeper patient recruitment is required.
- Develop and disseminate surveys to collect patient input on select cardio-cerebrovascular drugs.
- Synthesize results of literature reviews and patient input.
- Develop/write final CADTH patient input submissions.
- Access, analyze and synthesize clinical and administrative data to inform mission program decision-making and evaluation.
- Retrieve and analyze data from a range of sources and work with the KE and Stroke Team to create messaging to support fundraising, communications, promote recovery, and marketing activities.
- Contribute data to support the measurement of mission program metrics and measurement of impact goals for specific mission initiatives and for overall corporate performance.
- Support the development and implementation of data management policies and procedures as a member of the Data Working Group.
- Ensure integrity and compliance with personal health information and data management policies internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of current data sources to increase consistency, awareness, utilization and reduce redundancies and duplications.
- Implement process for surveys and public polling, and work closely with internal teams to increase efficiencies and validity of these surveys and resulting data and ensure adherence across internal employees.
- Create resources to standardize data for messaging across Heart&Stroke.
- Liaison with key data management stakeholders including the Canadian Institute of Health Information, Public Health Agency of Canada, and Canadian Cardiovascular Society.
- Director, Stroke (Co-Chair HSF Data Working group)
- Director, Heart Health
- Senior Manager, Promote Recovery
- HSF Privacy Officer
- Marketing and Communication Teams
- Fundraising teams
- Mission program leads
- Strategy and Change Team
- Health Policy & Advocacy Coordinator
- Health Policy Analyst
- Health Information Team
- Research Team
- External relationships with CADTH, Canadian Institute of Health Information, Statistics Canada, Public Health Agency of Canada, Canadian Cardiovascular Society
- Graduate degree in an epidemiology, health informatics, health performance measurement, biology or related discipline is preferred, with broad, in depth understanding of cardio/cerebrovascular and other relevant science.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in a research environment and/or health charity sector.
- Clinical background is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education, skills and job related experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated superior analytical and critical thinking skills including statistical analysis, population health and/or epidemiological experience.
- Proficiency searching a variety of online information databases and data management software (such as Microsoft Excel, MS ACCESS, SPSS, SAS, or R).
- Close attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong relationship, organizational and strategic communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams as well as all levels of management.
- Superior customer service skills; able to respond to customers with solutions that are needs-based, effective and measurable.
- Self-motivated and accountable for results through focused attention on achieving goals while positively supporting the needs and goals of others.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.