Posted On: 2017-05-03
Closing On: 2017-06-02
Location: East York, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation is the fundraising entity to Michael Garron Hospital, part of the Toronto East Health Network - proudly serving the community since 1929. A large, urban, full-service community teaching hospital, providing comprehensive care to a diverse population of 400,000, the hospital provides a full range of programs and services. Annually we admit 20,000 acute care inpatients, deliver 3,500 babies, have over 70,000 emergency visits and provide service to over 200,000 outpatients. This is accomplished with the help of 2,400 employees,440 physicians and midwives and over 500 volunteers. We offer an industry leading pension plan, fitness classes, the Perkopolis Discount Program, recognition awards and appreciation events, tuition assistance and a competitive salary and benefits package. As the very first hospital to make the "Best Workplaces in Canada" list from the Great Place to Work Institute, we take pride in offering an inspiring work environment to our dedicated team. A key member of our 15-person team, the Executive Assistant & Office Administrator will provide administrative assistance to the President, Foundation, as well as oversee the day-to-day operations of the Foundation office. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, detail oriented, and demonstrates an ability to effectively juggle multiple projects simultaneously. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a small office setting. This position reports to the President, Foundation but will have accountability to the Vice-President, Events, Annual and Operations as it pertains to office operations.
- A college/university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative support role
- Experience working in a not for profit or healthcare environment and general knowledge of fundraising
- Experience interacting with the public in a high-volume setting
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Raiser’s Edge experience a strong asset
- Superior organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and dependability
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity, including a demonstrated commitment to respecting the confidentiality of information
- Poised and able to communicate effectively with Boards, Executives and external contacts
- Takes initiative and is able to plan ahead, anticipate needs, interpret and use sound judgment
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically and work tactically
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Strong team-orientation
- Knowledge of the east Toronto community an asset
- Good performance and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
**To apply, please submit a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date**