Posted On: 2017-05-04
Closing On: 2017-05-29
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Children’s Aid Foundation
The Children’s Aid Foundation is Canada’s leading national charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth in the child welfare system. With the support of our generous donors, we provide access to the opportunities these children need to reach their potential against all odds. Last year, we delivered a wide range of high- impact programs and services, transforming the lives of over 23,000 children and youth. All children have the right to become healthy, contributing members of society. Our kids need your help to get there.
They depend on us. We depend on you. Join us and help Canada’s most vulnerable kids break the cycle and define a vision for themselves of a successful future.
The Foundation has an ambitious agenda for growth and is in the midst of the National Campaign for Child Welfare, a $60-million campaign to catalyze change for Canada’s most vulnerable youth – those who have experienced abuse, abandonment, and neglect. Together, we can help them overcome their trauma, develop their potential, and break the cycle for future generations.
Our staff members are a dynamic and highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships will increase gifts received from corporations; will develop and maintain positive relationships with decision-makers from corporations; will support the Director, Corporate Partnership in managing and stewarding strategic donor/prospect relationships. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results oriented, possess relationship management skills and is passionate for creating more resources for underserved children and youth.
- Personally manage and grow a portfolio of corporate donors ($5k+) conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Work with Director, Corporate Partnership to identify new opportunities, develop cultivation strategies and conduct introductory calls/visits with prospects
- Work in close collaboration with other staff or volunteers to secure corporate sponsorships, grow corporate employee giving program, and coordinate corporate launch or stewardship events
- Working with the Development Team, contribute to annual and campaign fundraising strategy and planning
- Support the corporate portfolio of the Director, Corporate Partnership, including preparation of correspondence, proposals, meeting briefs, call notes, Raisers Edge actions, and stewardship activities
- Ensure donor files are maintained and updated accurately in a timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with Raiser’s Edge operating policies and procedures
- Act as an Ambassador and attend events as required
Competencies and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent organization, planning and administrative skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- A proven track record in identifying strategic business development opportunities and developing sponsorship or cause-related marketing initiatives would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge (data entry, data maintenance, and database administration skills)
- Good skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, email, calendar, and web browsers
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of charitable sector experience, or transferable experience of a business development role
- Proven track record of securing gifts
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Occasional evenings and weekends during busy periods
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience to email@example.com no later than Monday, May 29, 2017. Please quote “DOC2017” in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note: applicants will only be contacted if an interview is being requested.