Posted On: 2017-05-04
Closing On: 2017-06-05
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Associate Manager, Program Development – Jump & My Own Fundraiser
Reports to: Manager, Program Development – Jump & My Own Fundraiser
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full-time
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country.
Jump Rope for Heart and My Own Fundraiser are significant Community-based programs for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Jump Rope for Heart is a longstanding and successful in-school program and has been inspiring healthy habits among children for more than 35 years. My Own Fundraiser is a program that enables individuals and teams to use their creativity and passion to support heart-health awareness and breakthrough research.
Heart and Stroke is seeking an Associate Manager, Program Development to provide program planning, execution and strong support for the Jump Rope for Heart and My Own Fundraiser campaigns. The Associate Manager, Program Development is responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering on program development and central operations, to ensure campaign success and achievement of annual revenue targets.
Program Development – Strategic input
• Working with the Manager, Program Development - Jump and MOF, provide input to program plans including key strategies, tactics and executional considerations
• Working with the Manager, develop contingency plans and online strategies as necessary to achieve goals
• Plan and execute pre-defined components of each program as agreed upon with Manager
• Explore and develop innovative ideas for testing so as to reduce costs and drive revenue
• Identify best practices in the industry that could be tested and integrated into programs
• Ensure a thorough understanding of the target market and other stakeholders
• Provide key metrics reports and conduct effective analyses to inform decision-making and business planning
• Review current processes and investigate efficiencies
• Assist with development of programs including online/offline materials and communications
• Develop program resources that meet the needs of field teams and local program execution
• Ensure high quality, relevant communications with various constituents
• Establishes agreed-upon approval process and obtains sign off on plans and communications as necessary
• Act as a key member of the website development team to ensure smooth transition of websites year over year
• Supports website monitoring and testing for improved user experience
• Assist in delivering and executing online strategies including enhanced website, email, social media
• Investigates and handles issues or opportunities as they arise, working with other stakeholders
Program Operations Support
• Work with the day-to-day vendor and internal partner relationships to ensure that all project deliverables are met on time, on strategy and on budget.
• Lead discussions with internal and external partners to ensure mutual alignment is maintained
• Attend briefing meetings, research discussion and focus groups, ideation sessions as required
• Collaborate with the Community Engagement team to gather and analyze data to identify gaps/opportunities and provide insights into: historical and market trends, consumers/customers, financial performance, competitive review
• Lead the fulfillment process with the Supply Chain team, including ideation sessions, data analysis, forecasting, prototyping, kitting, write-offs, inventory replenishment and field communication. Communicate direction and decisions to seek input from Manager and other stakeholders.
• Analyze processes and systems to improve productivity and create greater efficiencies
• Coordinate mass mailing activities such as appeal letters/emails and thank you letters
• Provide input into field training materials, assist in delivery of training as needed
• Manages the execution of program promotions
• Reconciliation of monthly internal financial reports, review and approval of all estimates and invoices, and quarterly Outlook reports
• Manage critical paths, including creative development, print and production, data management and program execution
• Development of weekly team status reports
• Develops monthly event reports
• Ensure strong and clear communication with the field through updates
• Provides weekly field team communication updates with internal communication channels
• Ensures program resources are updated on internal SharePoint site for field teams
• Other administrative and support functions as necessary to deliver programs
• University degree – with a focus in Marketing
Experience and Skills:
• 1-2+ years of previous work experience in marketing, communications or fundraising
• Project Management preferred – 1-2 years’ experience
• Program Development and Fundraising experience preferred
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence outcomes
• Possess superior organizational skills in planning, executing and completing projects by agreed to deadlines.
• Self-Motivated - works independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Big picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and follow through
• Results driven and metrics focused with a passion for continuous improvement
• Focused and committed attitude in driving processes to achieve best results
• Ability to establish solid working relationships with staff and stakeholders
• Experience working with cross functional teams
• Sound judgment and ability to think creatively with excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated superior analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Working knowledge of website development, email, digital and social media
• PC Knowledge – Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Go To Meetings
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.