LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Contract Full-time
12 month contract with possibility of becoming permanent
DATE: May 08, 2017
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
LOFT Community Services is a registered charity helping people optimize their health and well-being by offering unwavering support. LOFT serves nearly 5000 people living with complex mental health, addition, dementia and physical health challenges, offering a range of services and housing delivered at the community level in Toronto, York Region and South Simcoe County. Every day we see the power of hope and the resilience of the human spirit, and this inspires us to push harder, to innovate and to reach out to the people in greatest need, because everyone deserves to live a dignified life.
LOFT’s recently adopted strategic plan will carry the organization through to 2020, focused on the organizations role in leading the system change and providing quality support services to ensure a dignified life for everyone, and on the essential role of donors and charitable support in achieving these goals.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager will be a key position in moving toward these important strategic objectives. A principle responsibility of this position will be the identification, solicitation and stewardship of gifts at the thousand dollar level and above. This will include working with the Director on the strengthening and expansion of LOFT’s mid-level donor program and nurturing and maintaining strong donor relations at all levels. This position will also have primary responsibility for LOFT’s annual signature fundraising event and for researching and possibly implementing new events. This position is also play a key role in ongoing donor cultivation and stewardship, and will participate as required in all activities of the Development Department. Writing skills are important, including grant writing, impact reporting and writing for the newsletter and website.
The position will require occasional travel to LOFT programs in Toronto, York Region and South Simcoe, and attendance at occasional events and other activities outside of business hours.
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising including grant writing.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a mature and professional manner.
- Competency in computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge would be an asset.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven customer service ability.
- A team player with proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A driver’s license would be an asset.
- AFP members preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources
PLEASE PUT THE FULL JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS AND ON YOUR COVER LETTER.
CLOSING DATE: June 8, 2017 by 5:00 pm