Posted On: 2017-05-10
Closing On: 2017-05-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research and innovative education at Sinai Health System by developing collaborative, long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels hospital initiatives, care and innovation, that improves the quality of life for our patients, and advancing medical sciences globally.
Sinai Health Foundation is looking for a Manager, Annual Programs. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, lead and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to acquire, steward and retain annual donors for Sinai Health Foundation and its partner foundations through integrated campaigns that achieve fundraising objectives.
The Manager, Annual Programs is accountable for an annual fundraising goal, and will be expected to recommend and execute strategies that reflect and lead best practices in the industry. They serve as an expert in tracking, analysis and presentation of results, well versed in donor acquisition strategies, evaluation and tactics and in-depth knowledge of mid-level pipeline development, reporting and evaluating the progress of the Foundation’s annual giving program.
The Manager, Annual Programs’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute integrated direct response and grateful patient programs that drive one-time and monthly donor revenues for the organization. Integrated channels include but are not limited to: direct mail, digital, telefundraising, monthly donors, tribute donations, grateful patients, and mid-level giving.
- Develop, communicate and execute an integrated strategic plan and budgets for all aspects of annual programs.
- Develop, monitor, and report on donor acquisition and retention initiatives.
- Work in close collaboration with the digital team, to create digital programs that maximize revenue and build engagement among donors.
- Collaborate across the organization to foster integration between all departments.
- Ensure work plans support strategic vision of the Hospital and Foundation while maintaining (or improving) desired metrics.
- Manage the day to day implementation of all annual programs from creation to deployment with a goal of increasing donor base, unrestricted revenue, and improving donor retention.
- Analyze campaigns, giving trends, and results to inform future segmentations and efforts and use those to inform decisions.
- Mentor and manage staff as appropriate.
- Manage external agencies and vendors in the delivery of direct marketing programs by developing communication and revenue objectives, providing strategic direction, approving copy and creative, and facilitating required donor data.
- Manage all aspects of the tribute program: grateful patients, holiday cards, in honour and in memory gifts.
- Willingness to execute any aspects and tasks of the annual program.
- Successful completion of a three (3) year college diploma in a relevant field from a recognized educational institution or an equivalent education program preferred.
- Successful completion of a University degree in a relevant field from a recognized educational institution preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent and related experience within a large dynamic not-for-profit environment with hands-on Annual Programs experience required.
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best practices.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot and problem solve independently using sound judgment.
- Strong understanding of how to manage and execute effective direct response fundraising creative briefs, managing external partners in developing plans and assessing performance.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; proven experience in managing and mentoring staff.
- Advance level of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser's Edge.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CRA guidelines and fundraising best practices.
- Demonstrated track record in building and managing a successful annual giving program including budgeting, and meeting or exceeding goals.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work towards goals within deadlines.
- Experience in management of vendors, donors and volunteers.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Highly collaborative – enjoys helping team members succeed; a great listener; someone who can manage his/her own stress and is a positive contributor.
- A motivated, results oriented self-starter who is able to work autonomously.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekend
- Strong customer service skills required, with willingness to engage with donors to answer questions and manage complaints specifically regarding the Annual Program.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
Please apply online at http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/careers or submit a current resume and an "Application for Job Posting" form to Human Resources, Room 301 by 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.