Posted On: 2017-05-12
Closing On: 2017-05-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Arthritis Society has been setting lives in motion for almost 70 years. Dedicated to a vision of living well while creating a future without arthritis, The Society is Canada’s principal health charity providing education programs and support to the over 4.6 million Canadians living with arthritis. Since its founding in 1948, The Society has been the largest non‐government funder of arthritis research in Canada, investing over $195 million in projects that have led to breakthroughs in the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with arthritis. The Arthritis Society is accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
National Office | Location: Toronto
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Manager, Stewardship is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of a central stewardship program as well providing support and services to divisional teams, with the goal of maintaining a best-practice, industry leading stewardship program.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Collaborating with divisional teams in order to develop a national stewardship strategy and framework that encompasses major gift donors, gift planning, annual giving and special event donors.
- Leading a cross-functional national stewardship committee.
- Building a 3-year stewardship strategy and implementation plan with measurable yearly objectives, overseeing implementation nationally, working through divisional and program leads, and striving towards continuous improvements on an annual basis.
- Supporting full operationalization of the stewardship plan.
- Leading the continued innovation, growth and advancement of the stewardship program based on application of industry best practices and deep insights into The Society’s donorbase.
- Ensuring Society donors, at all levels, have an exceptional giving experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in business, with a fundraising qualification, and possess at least five (5) years of experience gained from a non-profit, hospital and/or university environment. Strong knowledge of stewardship best practices is a must, with the ideal candidate passionate about furthering his/her career in the fundraising field. He/she will be a strategic thinker with strong project-management and organizational skills. Excellent relationship management and communication skills are essential, with the successful candidate required to interact regularly with a wide range of stakeholders including donors and colleagues at all levels nationwide. Bilingual (English and French) language skills are an asset.
We are seeking talented individuals who embrace our core values and are passionate about our cause. If you are interested in and qualified for this exciting leadership opportunity, please submit a resume and covering letter in the strictest of confidence to email@example.com by May 31, 2017.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.