Posted On: 2017-05-15
Closing On: 2017-05-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: July 2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF), a global conservation organization, is one of the World's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF-Canada has a tremendous history of accomplishment, with its signature success being the conversation of 100 million hectares of land within a generation, where WWF literally changed the map of Canada. With the recent completion of a 5-year Strategic Plan, WWF-Canada has embarked upon the most ambitious conservation and fundraising agenda in its 50-year history.
The Direct Marketing role is essential to driving WWF-Canada’s core donor acquisition and retention efforts. This role is responsible for ensuring WWF Canada donors are inspired to contribute in meaningful ways to help WWFstop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
WWF-Canada is seeking a dynamic Senior Manager, Direct Marketing to join the Community Giving team. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, lead and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to acquire, steward and retain donors for WWF-Canada through integrated direct response campaigns that achieve fundraising objectives. Through a variety of direct marketing tactics, this role is responsible for donors from 1K-10,000k including mid-level donors.
This position is ideal for a creative and dedicated professional who thrives in a multi-faceted, results-oriented environment.
- Execute integrated direct response programs that drive one-time and monthly donor revenues for the organization. Integrated channels include but are not limited to: direct mail, digital, telefundraising, Door-to-Door, in honour programs and mid-level giving programs.
- Develop, monitor, and report on donor retention and stewardship initiatives.
- Work in close collaboration with WWF’s digital team, to create innovative digital programs that maximize revenue and build engagement among donors.
- Develop and drive mid-level fundraising activities to achieve revenue, donor growth and donor retention targets.
- Collaborate across the organization to foster integration between all departments.
- Manage external partners throughout campaign lifecycle, from project briefing, concept development, internal approval process to in-market execution, ensuring messaging is on brand, timely, relevant and in alignment with organizational goals.
- Create and manage detailed project timelines and ensure on-time execution of campaigns.
- Lead development and execution of data strategies to maximize fundraising ROI.
- Manage and mentor one direct report
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial commentaries, forecast of portfolio performance, results and campaign analysis against budget.
- Lead and/or participate in team and cross-functional projects as assigned.
- University degree or designation in Fundraising or Marketing combined with 8 or more years of directly related, progressively responsible experience.
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best practices.
- Understanding of email marketing, digital advertising and social media tactics to support and grow direct response campaigns.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to craft stories and inspire donors.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot and problem solve independently using sound judgement.
- Strong understanding of how to create effective direct response fundraising creative briefs, managing external partners in developing plans and assessing performance.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; proven experience in managing and mentoring staff
- Advance level of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser's Edge. Working knowledge of RE’s Luminate Online an asset.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CRA and CASL guidelines and fundraising best practices.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
This is a full time permanent role based out of our Toronto office.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application:
By clicking here
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document.
Attn: Human Resources Department
245 Eglinton Ave. Suite 410
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- This role is based out of our Toronto office. Is there anything that would prevent you from working out of our Toronto location?
- What are your annual salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this job posting?
Deadline to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application on or before May 31, 2017, 5pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.