Posted On: 2017-05-16
Closing On: 2017-05-23
Location: Scarborough, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Situated in one of the most diverse communities in the world, Scarborough and Rouge Hospital Foundation (SRHF) raises funds for state of the art medical equipment and building projects for Scarborough and Rouge Hospital. Since its inception, the Foundation has worked with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise the funds needed to help save lives, and support our vision to be recognized as Canada’s leader in providing the best health care for a global community.
The Director, Philanthropy will actively manage a growing portfolio of prospects and donors at various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Additionally, the Director, Philanthropy will work with and provide support and guidance to Development staff, volunteers, and others engaged in fundraising and donor relations.
The Director, Philanthropy will be an accomplished fundraiser with a proven track record of successful relationship management and major gift asks. The incumbent, alongside the President and CEO and Vice President, Philanthropy, will set annual budgets and objectives, establish and implement strategies to reach those objectives, and monitor progress. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and sophisticated fundraising professional with a track record of major gift solicitation of associated revenue streams.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for philanthropy and in particular health related fundraising. A strong understanding of donor relationship management, professionalism, excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, and a proven track-record of closing gifts will be required.
- Participate actively in the moves management process and support the work of the Board and high level fundraising volunteers to initiate the most appropriate solicitation based on the needs of both the hospital and the donor.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of current and new donors/prospects in various stages of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and ensure appropriate movement through the pipeline to achieve revenue targets.
- Conduct solicitation assignments where appropriate, personally, and in tandem with senior staff and volunteers.
- Experience soliciting and closing gifts over $50,000+
- Ability to work with Board Members and high level fundraising volunteers on their individual prospects.
- Work with the Vice President, Philanthropy to establish agreed upon individual metrics and ensure that personal and team revenue goals are achieved.
- Bring best practice methodology to every aspect of the role and measure performance on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies personally and with senior volunteers and staff.
- Build and steward philanthropic relations with individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Establish and develop a prospect pool based on fundraising priorities and projects.
- Assist with preparation and briefing President & CEO, Vice President, Philanthropy, as well as key campaign volunteers for donor visits.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong understanding of best practices in both major gift fundraising and annual fundraising
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results oriented environment
- Excellent organizational, planning, and administrative skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge
- Proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS –PowerPoint, email, calendar, and web browsers
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, PLUS a minimum of 5 years of experience in major gift fundraising.
- A seasoned relationship-builder with a demonstrated track record soliciting and closing gifts of $50,000+ and demonstrated ability to drive and achieve financial targets.
- Experience in a large, complex not-for-profit health care organization is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated experience building a network of contacts and mining them for donations with a track record of negotiating and closing sensitive negotiations/donations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively and manage competing priorities.
- Strong experience and understanding of working with diverse communities including raising funds with culturally diverse communities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SRH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.