Donor Research and Communications Officer - Foundation
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is a public hospital that provides inpatient, outpatient and consultation services for people with complex mental illness. Our patients benefit from a recovery-oriented environment of care built on compassion, inspiration and hope. We engage in research, education and advocacy initiatives to advance the mental health care system and are proud to work with partners across the continuum of care. If you thrive on innovation and positive change, and share our vision of Recovering Best Health, Nurturing Hope and Inspiring Discovery, Ontario Shores is the place for you.
Established in 2009, the Foundation operates in cooperation with the Hospital, with its own Board of Directors. If you thrive on innovation and positive change, and share our vision of Recovering Best Health, Nurturing Hope and Inspiring Discovery, Ontario Shores is the place for you.
The Donor Research and Communications Officer is responsible for the creation and production of materials to further the development goals of the Foundation. The Officer would oversee the development of Foundation marketing and communication materials, fundraising proposals, stewardship reports, speaking notes, information for website, ensuring consistent and error-free presentations to convey and advance the vision and brand of the Foundation.
In partnership with the Foundation Chief Executive Officer, the Officer’s duties would include:
• The preparation of written proposals and requests for support for all levels of solicitations
• Implementation of effective strategies to maximize revenue through multiple communication vehicles including print, website and social-media
• Development, design and production of timely and accurate stewardship reports
• The gathering of compelling stories to advance the fundraising efforts of the Foundation and attract investment and interest in Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
• The creation of revenue-generating proposals, stewardship reports, direct response content, newsletters and Foundation marketing materials
• Management of web content and social media updates, content collection and distribution
• Development of event related communications such as gala booklet, speaking notes, signage, promotional materials and press releases
• Research of donors and potential donor prospects, companies and foundation as well as sector trends to assist the Foundation Board and staff in establishing a robust prospect pipeline
• Creation of briefing notes and bios
• Liaise closely with the Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences’ Team to ensure the Foundation is capturing the essence, scope and depth of the programming offered and the impact and outcome data
• University degree in communications or a related field
• More than five years of experience as a communications specialist or writer
• Previous experience with proposal writing and donor communications
• Demonstrated proficiency in communications
• Preferably experience with InDesign
• Proficiency in standard office software and Raisers’ Edge
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Exceptionally high level of good judgment
• Experience in interviewing stakeholders, clients and staff with discretion and translating these interviews into compelling stories
• Ability to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasked environment
Requisition # 109
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.ontarioshores.ca under Join Our Team to apply and submit your resume.
Personal information you provide to Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is collected pursuant to the Public Hospitals Act R.S.O 1990, c. P.40. It will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. At all times it will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, please refer to the Privacy & Access pages on the Ontario Shores website or contact the Leader, Privacy & Access at 700 Gordon St. Whitby, ON L1N 5S9; 905-430-4055 ext. 6712.