Posted On: 2017-06-22
Closing On: 2017-07-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: Starts Late Summer 2017
Employment Type: Full-Time
Full-Time - Reports to Director of Development - Starts Late Summer 2017
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. We provide opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3600 member Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program.
Short Description of the Position:
The Development Associate plays an important role by providing fundraising support to the MNjcc and participating in all fundraising activities including grant writing, annual giving, and special events. Reporting to the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is an opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, organized individual who is looking to apply and expand their skills in a team-oriented organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting - Research and identify new potential funding sources, including foundations, government grants and corporate prospects, and maintain tracking system to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Grants and Proposals – Ensure the timely and efficient submission of corporate, foundation and government grant proposals, applications, and reports in collaboration with programming and management staff.
- Annual Giving - Implement the execution of fundraising appeals, including the preparation and distribution of multi-channel campaigns, and reporting on financial outcomes.
- Stewardship – Monitor the gift acknowledgement process and other donor correspondence.
- Event Coordination- Coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of fundraising related events.
- Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content as needed to ensure timely and relevant donor-centered communications, such as a quarterly donor e-newsletter, and website and social media updates.
- Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and management of additional fundraising and development activities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Professional Maturity - Maintains a positive outlook, works constructively under pressure and is able to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- Project Management ‐ Accomplishes a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and solve problems in the workplace.
- Teamwork ‐ Works positively and productively to achieve group goals within a team setting by readily engaging others while being aware of the perspectives of each individual member.
- Flexibility ‐ Balances the needs and interests of various stakeholders and is responsive in adjusting plans and priorities based on current situation and needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent (Fundraising or Non-Profit Administration considered an asset).
- A minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising/development or related field.
- Proven track record of successful research, solicitation and stewardship of corporate and foundation prospects.
- Familiarity with grant writing and reporting, including working closely with colleagues to articulate their vision.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading ability with experience in clear and persuasive proposal writing.
- Proven track record of initiating and executing multi-channel fundraising appeals, including direct mail.
- Familiar with stewardship best practices to manage regular and timely communications and reports to donors.
- Experience coordinating events in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors.
- Thrives working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, is self-motivated and driven with a positive, “can-do” attitude, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
- Extremely well-organized with attention to detail and able to prioritize multiple tasks under short deadlines.
- Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of CRM databases and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range: $35,000 - $45,000.
- A full benefits package is available including medical/dental, membership in the MNjcc Fitness Centre, and discounts on MNjcc programs.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to email@example.com by July 31 with the subject: “Application: Development Associate”.
- Please note that only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.